Heal Your Chakras

How To Heal All 7 Chakras In A Week

it's easier than you think.

155
How To Heal All 7 Chakras In A Week

Your seven chakras are the seven centers of your body that positive energy flows through. Each center represents a different sense of security, positivity, and a sense of well-being. It's important to make sure you're taking care of each of them to maintain functioning and happy. They help us feel connected and confident in ourselves and with other people.

Each chakra is accompanied by color, along with exercises and foods to help heal that energy center. So here are ways you can heal all of them in one week.

1. Root chakra

Your root chakra is located at the base of your spine, by your tailbone. Its energy focuses on financial security and other survival issues. It's associated color is red, meaning that healing foods for this chakra are red foods. Such as apples, beets or anything spicy. Also foods that grow from the ground like potatoes or carrots. A great exercise for this is kundalini yoga, however if you don't have the time during your day for yoga you can also heal this zone by simply stomping your bare feet on the ground.

2. Sacral Chakra

This center focuses on your connection with others, how we accept them and also how we accept new experiences or take a risk. It's major in your overall well-being. It's located at the lower abdomen, two inches below the belly button. Its color is orange so load up on your nectarines, nuts are also very healing for this chakra. Exercises including the cobra yoga pose specifically, or doing pelvic thrust (so turn up your "Rocky Horror" soundtrack)

3. Solar Plexus Chakra

This energy center is essential to our self-esteem, self-worth and confidence. It's located in your upper abdomen, slightly above the belly button. Its color is yellow, which is good because who doesn't love to eat corn. Other healing foods are grains that are loaded with fiber, so eat all the bread you want sweetie. Aside from yoga being a healing exercise, dancing is also a great one and my personal favorite.

5. Heart Chakra

This one obviously deals with our ability to love, yourself and others and is located at your chest. There are a lot of great exercises for this one. While the most recommended one is to open up to others, I know that can be pretty difficult. You can also do some breathing exercises, meditation, yoga (obviously), or also some workouts that focus on your pec muscles, like push-ups or swimming even. Its color is green, so it's time for veggies, specifically leafy greens. If you're like me and not super into kale, green tea is just as good.

5. Throat Chakra

This center at your throat deals with how you communicate and express yourself. This color is blue, so think blue on this one. Imagine clear blue skies or water, drink water! A wonderful exercise for this one is singing, even if you don't sound good it'll certainly feel good. Maybe when you take a shower during the day, bring your favorite song with you. Foods for this one are easy, cause it's all fruits and their juices.

6. Third Eye Chakra

I'm sure you've heard of this one before, most people believe when you open your third eye you're more connected with the world. Somewhat true, but that really is focused on the seventh chakra, which we'll get to. Your third eye does help you focus and see things more in the big picture. You do need this one to be healthy, for your seventh chakra to be healthy. It's located on your forehead between your eyes and it helps with your intuition, imagination, wisdom and with how you make a decision. Ways to heal this one are essential oils and child pose or any forward bends. Purple is our theme here, so stick to your blueberries, grapes, chocolate (yes, chocolate, yay!) and lavender flavored spices or teas.

7. Crown Chakra

Our most important chakra, if all your other energy centers are cleansed then this one will be too. It's essential to helping us feel spiritually sound, connected to the world and truly beautiful and at peace. This one doesn't really have any foods connected to it, but the exercises are very important. It's very good for you to go outside, breathe in some fresh air and sunshine and to do some cardio.

Now that you know how to keep your energy centers healthy, and since most of them are food based, I hope it is easier to find peace with yourself and remain positive, even when things really start to get hard.