Have A Little Faith

Have A Little Faith

"I will walk by faith, even when I cannot see"

26
Have A Little Faith
Flickr

For the word of the Lord is right and true; he is faithful in all he does.The Lord loves righteousness and justice; the earth is full of his unfailing love. By the word of the Lord the heavens were made, their starry host by the breath of his mouth. ~Psalm 33:4-6

Three years ago, I was a senior in high school. I had SO much going for me. For once I was doing well in school, my weight was down, in fact I was the skinniest, most fit I had ever been. I had great friends, I was involved in my high school play, and I was in the elite A Capella group that I had wanted to be in since Freshman year. I even got into a first choice college! I was SO happy.

In August of 2014, I said goodbye to my family and headed off to college, like most kids my age. I thought that was what I was supposed to do. Graduate high school, and then attend a 4 year college. Normal... Right? Well halfway through my freshman year, God placed some pretty amazing people in front of me. I was incredibly blessed.

Unfortunately I found out college wasn't for me. And at first, accepting that was hard, because people kept telling me you need to be in school in order to get a better job. It was tough. People looked down on me because I wasn't in college. I got a lot of shade from people I had known my whole life and honestly it was so hard. But, I was blessed with my best friend who had my back, my coworkers who accepted that I wasn't in school and they weren't judgmental, my mom who was the BEST support system in the world and was allowing me to take the time that I needed because she knew I wasn't ready for school, my boyfriend at the time who was more than supportive, and my grandparents who let me move in with them.

Everything was going perfect... So I thought.

You see in life God LOVES throwing curveballs, in fact I believe He loves it. The unexpected things are what make life apparently better.

For me though, not the case. My (now ex) boyfriend was the love of my life. I had been in love with him since the end of my junior year. I finally got the courage to tell him in March of 2015. Well it was so perfect because he felt the same! I was SO happy I couldn't contain it. We had our ups and our down but with time and with a little faith I just knew we'd get through it. Unfortunately, that wasn't the case. We broke up right before Christmas, it's still super hard because I love him.

It can be hard. And honestly it sucks. But I've learned that in life we have to have this little thing called faith. It can be so hard because it's human nature to be impatient. And if you're anything like me, you put people before yourself. But you must remember to love who YOU are first.

God's plan is going to be hard to understand because God is constantly changing our plan. But only he knows that it's going to all work in the end.

"Trust in the lord with all your heart."

We must all live by that. Why? Because in the deepest of waters and in the strongest of storms, God will always be there. And you know, feeling his presence wrap around you like your favorite blanket is truly amazing. I feel it now as I write this article.

God is there through it all. Through all the sickness, and all the pain of a breakup/divorce and through death. He is there wrapping that blanket all around us saying "my dear child you will make it through this." And he's right.

God's blankets come in different forms.

A few months ago a dear dear friend/mentor/former teacher of mine was diagnosed with cancer. It was hard for me to watch her go through this awful battle. It still is. But as I look at the amazing Facebook page made for her, I see that God has wrapped his incredible blanket around her in the form of people. People love her. It's so incredible to see. To see her strength radiate in so many ways is so amazing. I love seeing it. God is in her. And I'm so grateful to watch it radiate.

It all takes faith

Remember that faith is trusting in God's plan, even if you don't understand. God is looking down and smiling knowing he has a plan for all of us. We just have to have a little faith.