I Have Faith In Gary Johnson And I'm Not Afraid To Say It

Yes it is my first time voting. Yes I hate discussing politics. Yes I'm going to do it anyways.

16
Reddit

This election has me squirming in my seat every time I hear about it. I feel uncomfortable talking about it. I feel like if I say anything it will just get shot down immediately. Lately, I just shut up and listen. Even though I don't want to listen to your reasoning for so-and-so to be President of the United States, I will. However, let me just say that I don't think that people should talk about it. Isn't voting a private matter? Don't you go into that booth by yourself and make your final decision? You are not supposed to come out of there and ask the person next to you, "So who did you vote for?!" This isn't high school and we are not voting for Prom King and Queen. Yes, we have freedom of speech, I am not in any way trying to say that we should take that freedom away, but please stop pressuring me to discuss with you who my choice is for our President and please stop trying to convince me to be on your side! In my opinion, we were handed some terrible cards to play in this round and frankly, I don't want to participate in this game! It is a dirty game that we are playing in politics and I'm so exhausted from hearing about it.

I don't want to talk about my choice for president as said before, but in my heart, I feel that I just need to get it out there once and for all. Somewhere. For the first and last time. I'm not going to argue with anyone on this. Freedom of speech right? So, I'm not going to talk about Donald or Hillary because they get to talk enough as it is on the news, the internet, radio, paper, and all sorts of media. Fame is their card and they play it very well.

Essentially, It's Trump vs. Clinton

But did you know that you also have another option?

Yes, his name is Gary Johnson and as of right now, he has my vote.

Governor Johnson is a two-term New Mexico governor who balanced our budget, believes in term limits for offices, doesn't want to cut the military budget, will not tax the wealthy more than others unjustly, and believes in and will stand for individuals' rights.

What more could you ask for from a President?

It's a long shot that he will win the Presidency, but at least I'm holding onto something that I believe in.

I am not asking you to change your mind or your vote. I am asking you to take a second glance at Gary Johnson. If not to change your mind, then just do it out of the kindness of your heart. Show your gratitude to a man that is fighting for what he believes in all while he is the underdog. Gary is accomplished yet overlooked because he is a third party. Because he is not a nominee for the Republican or Democratic party, he is not anywhere to be found.

Even if you do not change your vote, at least commend him on his persistence, his determination, perseverance, passion, and never ending love for the betterment of this country. He is someone who I think is a trustworthy candidate.

I do not think that my vote will be wasted. I know that it is going to be worth it because I am marking something down that I believe in and have my faith in. {Did I mention that New Mexico is my home? Gotta stay loyal! #NMTrue}

My question to you is: Do you believe in what you will be voting for? Do you have the faith in your chosen candidate? If so, then good for you. Stand your ground.

If not, then you should probably consider checking out the facts of the other candidates. Just because you are a registered so-and-so doesn't mean you have to vote for that nominee.

We are America. Land of the free and home of the brave. Be brave with me.