The Ultimate Harry Potter Drinking Game

The Ultimate Harry Potter Drinking Game

I solemnly swear that I am up to no good.
47391

The perfect Harry Potter drinking game would combine the lovable characters, impossible to remember spells, and bewildering magic of the series. And even though Harry Potter has changed many lives, I haven't been satisfied with any of the wizard and witch themed drinking games I have encountered, so I wanted to create my own, specialized by movie. Now that "Harry Potter and the Cursed Child" has been released, the need for a way to celebrate Harry Potter is even more pressing. Presenting...The Ultimate Harry Potter Drinking Game. I seriously hope you get magically ridiculous!

"Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone"

Drink when:

• There's a close-up of Harry's scar
  • Hermione quotes or reads from a book
  • Hagrid says, "I shouldn't have told you that"
  • Someone tells Harry not to say Voldemort's name out loud
  • A staircase moves
  • Professor Quirrell stutters
  • Trevor the toad appears or is mentioned
  • Harry, Ron, and Hermione suspect Snape of something
  • Malfoy screams
  • Gryffindor wins or loses points

CHUG:

• Seamus lights something on fire
  • Harry looks into the Mirror of Erised
  • Hermione says, "Now, if you two don't mind, I'm going to bed before either of you come up with another clever idea to get us killed, or worse expelled."

"Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets"

Drink when:

• Someone speaks Parseltongue
  • Tom Riddle is mentioned
  • Dobby tries to tell Harry something
  • Malfoy says "Potter"
  • Moaning Myrtle flirts with Harry
  • Professor Lockhart brags about his accomplishments
  • Harry hears the Basilisk
  • The word "mudblood" is used
  • Someone mentions one of the founders of Hogwarts
  • Ron says the word "spiders"

CHUG:

• Someone gets petrified
  • Lucius Malfoy says something condescending
  • The phrase "Heir of Slytherin" is used

"Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban"

Drink when:

• Professor Trelawney makes a prediction
  • "Lumos" is used
  • Ron asks Harry if he saw Hermione come in to the class
  • Someone says the word "werewolf"
  • The Daily Prophet picture of Sirius in Azkaban is shown
  • Dementors appear
  • Someone says "mischief managed"
  • Harry passes out
  • Peter Pettigrew is mentioned
  • Someone turns into an animagi
  • There's a shot of the Womping Willow
  • Wizard candy gets eaten

CHUG:

• Snape says, "page 394"
  • Hermione punches Malfoy
  • The Patronus charm is used

"Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire"

Drink when:

• Harry and Cho Chang make eye contact
  • Someone asks someone else to the Yule Ball
  • There's a shot of all four champions together
  • Victor Krum looks surly
  • Mad Eye Moody looks at someone through his magical eye
  • Filch sets off the cannon early, signaling the start of a task
  • Rita Skeeter writes with her Quick-Quotes Quill
  • Someone says the word "tournament"
  • Cedric Diggory smiles
  • Fred and George make a joke
  • Someone tries to help Harry with a task

CHUG:

• Dumbledore yells "DID YOU PUT YOUR NAME IN THE GOBLET OF FIRE?"
  • Ron tries on his dress robes
  • Malfoy gets turned into a ferret

"Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix"

Drink when:

• Harry looks in a mirror
  • "Expelliarmus" is used
  • Someone references "The Order"
  • There's a shot of the thestrals
  • Umbridge makes a new Educational Decree
  • Sirius gives Harry advice
  • Tonks changes something about her appearance
  • Snape says "obviously"
  • Harry teaches Dumbledore's Army a new spell

CHUG:

• Harry kisses Cho Chang
  • Umbridge clears her throat in that annoying way

"Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince"

Drink when:

• Snape mentions James Potter
  • Harry stares at Ginny
  • Professor Slughorn gets someone's name wrong
  • Lavender and Ron interact
  • Malfoy cries
  • The Dark Mark appears
  • Luna wears an eccentric outfit
  • Lilly Potter is mentioned
  • Professor Slughorn says "Merlin's beard!"
  • Cormac McLaggen looks seductively at Hermione

CHUG:

• Harry goes into a memory in the Pensieve
  • McGonnagall says, "Why is it that when something happens, it is always you three?"
  • Ron talks about Romilda Vane

"Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Parts 1 and 2"

Drink when:

• Someone says the word "horcrux"
  • Harry sees into Voldemort's mind
  • The sign of the Deathly Hallows appears
  • Someone apparates
  • There's a kiss
  • Nagini slithers about
  • Someone mentions the Deathly Hallows
  • Hermione takes something out of her little beaded bag

CHUG:

• Neville does something awesome
  • Voldemort gives Malfoy the most awkward hug of all time
  • A horcrux gets destroyed

Or, if you just want one set of rules that covers all the movies...

Any Harry Potter movie:

Drink when:

• There's a scenic shot of Hogwarts
  • Malfoy mentions his father
  • Someone significant dies
  • Ron says "bloody hell"
  • Harry catches the snitch
  • Someone receives or sends mail by owl post
  • A painting talks
  • Dumbledore makes a speech or gives advice
  • There's an interior shot of the Great Hall
  • Something unfortunate happens to Neville
  • The invisibility cloak is used
  • Someone says "wicked"
  • Fred and George do something mischievous
  • Someone uses the term "half-blood"
  • There's an interaction with a magical creature
  • Hermione raises her hand in class or answers a question
  • Someone tells Harry he has his mother's eyes

CHUG:

• Voldemort is mentioned by name
  • Sexual tension between Ron and Hermione
  • Harry's scar hurts
  • Hedwig's theme plays
  • Harry is referred to as "The Boy Who Lived"
  • An unforgivable curse is used or mentioned