College Life As Told By Harry Potter

College Life As Told By Harry Potter

Harry Potter. The Boy Who Lived. College Student. The Young Adult Just Trying To Survive.

176
College Life As Told By Harry Potter
Movie Pilot

1).Congratulations, you graduated high school! You are now almost an adult. One thing accomplished, only four more years to go!

2. When you finally get that acceptance letter into your top school, it is very similar to getting sorted into your favorite house, (which we all know is Gryffindor).

3. When you get there, you are forced against your will into orientation where you play awkward name games, learn a lot about random strangers, but also have a lot of fun.

4. Upon meeting all of these people, as always, you find a lot of people trying to be someone they're not. Don't buy into it -- just remember who you are.

5. When you get to whatever school you made it into, you will find that the freshman 15 can be a very real thing. Whether it be a certain amount of meal swipes or an allotted number of bills, you will find that you can find food pretty much 24/7.

6. As a college student, you find that even more so than ever before, you are attracted to every animal and have to touch all of them.

7. Another thing you'll have to get used to when coming to college is the aspect of "college life;" aka, partying much more than you are probably used to. As long as you are safe, smart, and aware of what you are drinking should you choose to, you should be all set. And remember to watch out for your friends too!

8. Once you and your roommates become close and are going out on the weekends, there will be times when you just feel like turning in, while they'd rather stay out. But we all know you won't be able to fall asleep all the way until you know they have returned safely. Hopefully they don't make you wait too long!

9. Or, if your roommate comes home with a boy and wants some alone time, you know where you'll be.

10. When you have classes with complete strangers, it can be difficult at first to make friends. You think that you are the one in the room who doesn't know anyone, when in reality, there are probably many more students feeling exactly the same way. So reach out and talk to some new faces — who knows, you could meet your best friend.

11. When it comes to classes, you don't have to know your first lesson what exactly you want to be when you grow up. There is time to figure it all out, and while you are, take care of the gen ed classes and figure out what you prefer. And, if you do have everything all figured out, congratulations you are an adult.

12. College is the next step. No longer in high school, not yet in the "real world," it is a time to continue being a kid, just with a couple more responsibilities. Enjoy the times with your friends, make memories, and try new things — now is the perfect time!

13. Getting through the semester can be hard. As finals come around, everyone, and I mean everyone, becomes incredibly stressed out. It's a time for stress-eating, stress-sleeping, cramming, and maybe some crying. You'll get through it, but it will take a lot out of you.

14. And while you have exams, you also have presentations. Which means sitting through your classmates' presentations. And some topics can be less than interesting.

15. But getting through to the end of finals is an incredible feeling. No more homework, reading, studying, highlighting, note taking — you get the idea.

16. Being at the end of finals, you get to register for next semester's classes. Having one semester in the books, you're practically a pro, right?

17. Always be ready, because you never know what could come at you. Whether it be a crazy weekend, a pop quiz, homework you forgot about, or a teacher you don't get along with, just stay calm and work through it. You'll get there and when you look back on the issue, wonder why you were so stressed in the first place.

18. When you finally graduate, whether it be after two years, four, five, or even more, you are free at last from schooling, grades, teachers, and exams. You just have to face the real world. It won't be too bad, right?

19. Don't go wishing away your college years, because all too quickly, they will be over. It is a time where you will make some great friends, memories and have so many new experiences. Unfortunately, we haven't yet developed the technology for a time-turner yet, so it's up to you to live every moment.