Happiness isn’t a Destination

Happiness isn’t a Destination

happiness isn’t linear

744

Happiness isn't a destination..,

We've heard that statement countless times, but it's true. I pride myself with having a positive attitude despite the situations that arise. I know in my heart, that God is with me. He hears the silent prayers and hear the defeat and anguish in my heart + soul without uttering a word. I don't have to make sure I say a collection of the right words. He knows every thought and feeling I have. Everyone's relationship with The Lord is different and that's the beauty of a personal relationship.

From one reason or another I've been experiencing this overwhelming feeling like the insides of my chest cavity are being ripped apart. I constantly deal with chronic pain and a very persistent nausea that never seems to stop. I'm not sure if it's my financial situation, starting my job with Wilson County 911, or the various situations with my family. Truthfully, all of the above contributes to my anxiety and depression. I'm extremely passionate about mental health awareness + disability awareness to name a few. I'm unafraid to share my opinion and story in the hopes of lessening the stigma and prompting others to seek help. Everyday is filled with struggles, but it's about how you approach it and with God anything is possible. I'm thankful to know He'd leave the 99 to rescue ME. Just like He'd do for YOU. My plan is to extend myself grace and relax with my animals and a good tv show once I leave the rehabilitation center, visiting my papa.

I find happiness in seeing my grandpa laugh, holding my baby niece, spending time with my cats/ dogs, hugging my mom, reading a good book, taking a bubble bath,+ reading my Bible. Listening to music to unwind. Marc E Bassy, Ariana Grande, Hoodie Allen, Halsey, & Mac Miller on repeat. Etc

Here are a few ways to cultivate happiness

1. Be with others who make you smile. Studies show that we are happiest when we are around those who are also happy. Stick with those who are joyful and let rub off on you.
  2. Hold on to your values. What you find true, what you know is fair, and what you believe in are all values. Over time, the more you honor them, the better you will feel about yourself and those you love.
  3. Accept the good. Look at your life and take stock of what's working, and don't push away something just because it isn't perfect. When good things happen, even the very little ones, let them in.
  4. Do things you love. Maybe you can't skydive every day or take vacations every season, but as long as you get to do the things you love every once in a while, you will find greater happiness.
  5. Find purpose. Those who believe they are contributing to the well-being of humanity tend to feel better about their lives. Most people want to be part of something greater than they are, simply because it's fulfilling.
  6. Listen to your heart. You are the only one who knows what fills you up. Your family and friends may think you'd be great
  7. up. Your family and friends may think you'd be great at something that really doesn't float your boat. It can be complicated following your bliss. Just be smart, and keep your day job for the time being.
  8. Push yourself, not others. It's easy to feel that someone else is responsible for your fulfillment, but the reality is that it is really your charge. Once you realize that, you have the power to get where you want to go. Stop blaming others or the world, and you'll find your answers much sooner.
  9. Be open to change. Even if it doesn't feel good, change is the one thing you can count on. Change will happen, so make contingency plans and emotionally shore yourself up for the experience.
  10. Bask in the simple pleasures. Those who love you, treasured memories, silly jokes, warm days, and starry nights—these are the ties that bind and the gifts that keep on giving.

By grace through faith. xoxo,
    Sarah Grace