My Guy Friends Are The Best Friends

My Guy Friends Are The Best Friends

Thanks for the love, laughs, and connections that I’ve found in you

131
My Guy Friends Are The Best Friends
Youth Connect

While I was growing up, I always found myself connecting better and quicker with boys. I would talk like I am one of the guys, hang out and spend time with them, and create deep and meaningful bonds with the boys around me. Don’t get me wrong, I love my girls with all my heart and know that some of my best friends can also be considered my sisters, sorority meaning or not. But along with that, I’ve found people that I consider incredible attributes to my life, and they’ve been boys. Guy friends have a great impact on a girl’s life, and it is important to keep them around for a long time.

Throughout my childhood, I became close with a boy who lived right down the street from me. We attended the same elementary school and quickly found friendship within each other. Of course, growing up calls for those silly 3rd grade relationships, and he was my go-to for that. In fact, he was my go to for my 6th grade boyfriend and ultimately my junior year prom date. This boy has been in my life for years and as time has gone on we have only become closer. Life has gotten in the way a bit sometimes, with a few big arguments and not as much time together, but luckily our friendship path has kept going and continues to grow stronger with time. I wouldn’t be who I am today without his presence in my life. Your first guy friend is someone that will make a great impact on your life, it will show you a new light on the world around you. I know this because that’s what my friend did for me.

Going back to the beginning relationships in life, I’ve come to realize that my past relationships have been accompanied by the strongest friendships. So I thank the boys that I sadly have broken their hearts and vice versa. Each relationship I have had in the past came with a different type of friendship,but each friendship was meaningful and a constant reminder that I was loved by those around me. I’m blessed for the friendships that came before the relationship, the ones that carried over into the “boyfriend/girlfriend” stage of our lives. The friendship that came with the relationship grows stronger and more powerful, and there starts to become a bond that even after a breakup it cannot be broken. It’s something that can be picked up right where we left off. Those guys gave me so much time, energy, and love, and I will always hold our friendship close to my heart. Your presence was important because it helped me realize that I can love my best friends in more ways than one, so thank you for the long drives, the endless hours of talking, and countless dates to our favorite restaurants. Take into account the bond you may have with a significant other, and through that you will see the importance of them being in your life.

I've been lucky to have been able to find close friendships within those that I have worked with. Some of the most important guys in my life have come from my job, and having them in my life during work and outside of it gives me the utmost happiness. They make me love my job even more, and knowing that they'll be there while I am working makes me want to go in that day even more. Some of my favorite memories throughout the years that I have been apart of my work have included these boys, whether its at a late night group dinner or even hanging out in the parking lot not wanting to leave for the night. I love the boys that I've spent my work days with, and their friendship makes me feel wanted and included while I've been at my job. The best part about it is that I don't even have to work in order to see them, and luckily they want to see me just as badly as I want to see them. Your work friends will become such a big part in your life, especially those that you connect with the most. The boys you meet will become your big and little brothers, best friends, and immediate go-to's for any situation.

Now, it is the time of college, and I have found myself growing closer with one of my favorite guys on the Missouri State campus. I met him through one of my roommates, and once he walked into our dorm room for the first time, he never left. For that, I am so thankful. Though we annoy each other to no end, make fun of each other constantly, and seem to be total opposites, he is one of my best friends. His support and love helped me find a home within my university, and I will always be grateful for the opportunity to have him in my life. I spend almost every day with him and with every day that passes our friendship grows stronger. With moments that I need a good laugh or even someone to tie the back of my dress for me, he is there. When it seems like nothing good is happening in the world, he helps me see the positive side of everything. He is always there, and I wouldn’t want it any other way. College has been incredibly tough, but with him by my side it seems to be easier. Along with him, I found friendships in others, and I always enjoy our snapchats, hanging out in the dorms and having deep talks, or even studying in the library. Having these guys in my life has brought the utmost happiness, especially during such a big change. As I transition into an adult, I’m able to keep my kid like personality within them, and I know I will for the rest of my life. The friends you make in college will be with you for a lifetime afterwards, and the guys that you meet will teach you and help you grow in ways that the university you go to can’t do on its own.

My guy friends are some of my best friends, and those friendships have been found to be completely different from any friendship I’ve ever had with girls. The bond that can be made within a friendship is meaningful, deep, and worth every moment of it. Guys are so much different than girls, and with a friendship with them you see the way they work in the world, the way their lives are opposite to yours. I am forever lucky for the guys that are in my life, and I will enjoy every moment I have with them for the rest of my life. Thank you boys!