A Guide To Dating A Heartless Girl

A Guide To Dating A Heartless Girl

For Those Girls That Hate Romance, But Crave It at the Same Time

19815
A Guide To Dating A Heartless Girl
mubi

Heartless girls. Girls that don't get all mushy in relationships, that aren't into romantic gestures, and will most likely laugh at you if you try to be overly emotional and sensitive. We don't cry much, we love raunchy comedies, will take a beer over a glass of wine, and can most likely hangout with your guys and hold our own. Though all of these things sound nice, it can be a struggle to date us (my boyfriend can attest to this). In addition to the already mentioned qualities, there are a lot of qualities that make heartless girls some of the most difficult to date. Here's a guide to help the trying significant other navigate the mind and heart (what little we have) of the heartless, emotionless girl.

Don't expect her to love PDA. Most likely, she hates being touched. She only makes an exception for you because she kind of likes you. However, the idea of being hugged and kissed on for a long period of time, and being in front of people when it happens? That's basically her worst nightmare. Skip the PDA. Kiss her in private, hug her only when she needs it, and hold her hands on special occasions. If she really wants to publicly display her affection, she'll initiate it and won't get mad and embarrassed when you reciprocate.

If you show strong feelings too early on, she will run as fast as she can in the other direction. Or any feelings at all early on. Feelings are SCARY, especially to a girl that claims to not have any and has hers buried way down deep. Pace it, and don't declare your love too soon. Tiny, tiny bits of feelings at a time are the key to a long term relationship. Divulge too much and you'll lose her before you even get to see her have feelings of her own.

When she does decide to show you her feelings, you better feel special. It most likely took a lot for her to trust you with her feelings, especially if they're real feelings and not made up crap to make you feel good. Like I said earlier, feelings are scary for the heartless girl. Her deciding to trust you with hers means she likes you, a lot.

She won't say "I love you" like a normal girl. Remember in How I Met Your Mother, when Ted is explaining Robin to Barney? "She won't say I love you like a normal person. She'll giggle, punch you on the shoulder, and say 'you idiot.' If you get that, you're a lucky man." Well, that's all heartless girls. Yeah, she might say those three magic words but it might take a whole lot longer than expected. She probably feels it, but refuses to say them because she's stubborn and scared. She'll show her love different ways, maybe by being a little nicer than usual. However, if you're lucky enough to hear them, she means it.

She will most likely laugh at you if you show an overly sensitive side. Don't take it personally. She's not laughing at you (hopefully), she's laughing because of how awkward she feels. The heartless girl has no idea how to handle emotional situations, especially sensitive ones. She doesn't have a sensitive side, and feels broken because of it. So instead of showing her awkward feelings, she laughs to make herself feel better. So, just laugh along and don't take it personally.

She doesn't like romantic gestures, but sometimes she wants them anyway. Most of the time, romantic gestures make her gag. And laugh, and make fun of you. However, don't let that stop you. Because, sometimes she will want those romantic gestures. If they're occasional and sporadic, they will mean a whole lot more to her. Just don't overwhelm her. That'll make her run away, like if you disclose your feelings too early on. The key to romancing a heartless girl is keep it simple, nothing too grand, and not too often.

If you lose her trust, you'll lose it forever. If she decides to trust you, by showing you her small amount of feelings, then you can never betray this trust. Because she's heartless, once her trust is lost she will completely shut you out. You will get the full extent of her heartlessness. She will be mean, and she will make you feel terrible about yourself. Because that's how the heartless cope. Don't risk it, because you will regret it.

Be patient as she learns how to be in a loving relationship. She probably hasn't had many, so she doesn't have much experience. She may not get the big deal about hanging out with her guy friends alone, or how it makes your feel when she doesn't text back and doesn't want to hangout. She's just being her, which is usually a laid back, go with the flow, do whatever she wants girl. Be patient. Don't get mad, she'll just get even more mad and shut down on you. Let her make fun of you to show her affection, let her live her own life, and don't get frustrated with the fact that she has an emotional range of a teaspoon. The more patience you show, the more she'll realize you care, and she'll try a little bit more too.

Know that once she learns to love you, she'll love you with her whole (smallish) heart. Which, in my opinion, makes everything else about dating a heartless girl totally worth it.

Heartless girls. They make good friends, but make even better girlfriends. She'll be able to tease you back, hold her own with your jerk friends, won't need you to protect her, and will love you more than any other girl would be able to. If you're lucky enough to have one, don't let her go. You'll never meet another girl like her.