Remember 2016

Remember 2016

Don't sleep on 2016; so much has happened!

16
Remember 2016
BsnSCB.com

As we step into the new year we must remember and cherish the most epic, hilarious, and trendiest moments of 2016.

Music and dance have come a long way. From "Crank Dat" to "Juju on that Beat," hip-hop artists always start the most popular trends and find multiple ways to make history. Whether it be through drama, jokes, or a hit song, artists in the rap game never fail to impress.

Although annoying we can't deny that the water bottle flip challenge was actually pretty cool. There's something about being able to perfectly flip a water bottle that just warms the soul.

Pokemon Go was supposed to spark a revolution, to create a new way to experience Pokemon! It did..for about a month. The world thought that actually walking around and catching Pokemon would be a fun experience. The benefits were that you were able to have fun and be active at the same time. At the end of the day, that was all a bunch of work, and even I found myself downloading various apps that allowed me to cheat.

2016 was a great year for gamers all around the world. Long awaited games such as Overwatch, Battle Field 1, and Doom were released and sold marvelously. Every gaming platform got great games this year, and if you were not satisfied with the games, great downloadable content (DLC) was released especially for Grand Theft Auto Online.

Last year great movies such as Star Wars Rogue One, Ghostbusters, and Deadpool were released. 2016 was a good year for actors and movie lovers. Long-awaited sequels like Finding Dory and Captain America Civil War premiered and did well. Actor Leonardo DiCaprio finally won a well-deserved Oscar for his role in the movie The Revenant.

Social media platforms such as Facebook, Snapchat and Instagram are always receiving updates. This year all platforms were able to produce new content to keep users interested and entertained. Snapchats filters were especially fun. Snapchat took its app to the next level with the creation of Spectacles, glasses that allow you to take snap chat pictures and videos from your face.

In the world of sports, this year a lot happened. The Broncos beat the Panthers in Super Bowl 50, and the Cleveland Cavaliers won against the Golden State Warriors in the 2016 NBA Finals. Basketball legend Kobe Bryant even retired after playing in the NBA for 18 years. In baseball, the Chicago Cubs conquered the Cleveland Indians during the 2016 World Series