I Lived Every Girl's Worst Nightmare, I Accidentally Flashed My Thong At Graduation

That day, everyone learned Victoria's Secret.

2889
Catalogue Magazine

As I was walking down the aisles of the auditorium, I could feel a cold breeze creep up my thigh. Fast forward to a week later and the entire school had learned Victoria's Secret...

When it comes to graduation day, we dream of creating those "picture perfect" moments. It's the one day we have to end our college career on a high note. And it's the one day where our classmates will remember us forever.

When you walk up that stage, everything comes down to that one moment. I don't know about you, but that's a lot of pressure for only a minute or two of stage time. That's why I was terrified to walk across the stage.

In fact, I was so terrified that I put it off for two semesters. Fun fact--I graduated school in May and didn't walk across the stage until December. But that's another story.

Knowing me, something was bound to go wrong. And it did.

You see, I have a long history of trips, slips, and falls. You name it, I've probably done it. In high school, I was known for getting for my heels stuck and falling into the grass--talk about embarrassing!

Looking back, I would have rather stumbled during my speech and fell on the stage like Lizzie McGuire, because what had happened to me that day was worse. Much worse.

I'll start from the beginning. Like many of you, I spent time picking out the perfect graduation outfit. I pulled a Lizzie McGuire and tried on every single outfit in my closet. When I didn't find a winner, I began my hunt for the "perfect" dress.

I went to several malls, scouring the racks for "the one." Sure enough, the dress gods answered my prayers at Forever 21. I could not believe my eyes. I had found the perfect little black dress. Emphasis on the little. But boy, did I look GOOD.

Initially, I had thought that my dress was the perfect fit and length. However, I didn't take into account my tall statute of 5'8 and what could potentially happen if I fell.

Let's just say that the phrase, "Business in the front, party in the back" could not have been truer that day.

As I was making my way to the stage, my heels had begun to give out. I could feel myself moving closer and closer towards the floor. As I was falling, my dress began to lift and you could see my colorful PINK thong. Needless to say, I was mortified.

Even worse, the cameras were rolling and they caught the footage. Not only did everyone see me fall, they could relive my agony on film. I'm still surprised I didn't end up on America's Funniest Home Videos.

As a klutz, I'd like to think that I should have known better. I definitely learned my lesson.

Ladies, make sure to check the front AND back of your dress before graduation day. And do yourself a favor and buy shorter heels.

Congratulations soon-to-be grads! Here's to hoping that your graduation ceremony is a BREEZE, but way less eventful than mine.