A Summer To Remember

A Summer To Remember

How “Summer ‘19" changed my life.

8
me on the beach
personal photo

Every summer has a story, and this one was my favorite.

I find myself letting summer fly by every year, but this Summer was different. This summer was full of memories that I'll never forget. I grew from experiences and lesson. This summer made me a better person and I'll forever be grateful.

Summer didn't start out as expected. In fact, it was absolutely horrible. Everything that could have gone wrong happened, and I found myself dreading the season. I fought some of my toughest battles and found myself distraught over the fact that life wasn't what I wanted it to be. I'm happy to say that those battles were some of the greatest things to ever happen to me because I learned so much from them. I learned how to be happy and how to love life. I learned how to start fresh and have the best summer regardless of the situations in which I faced.

This sunshine came. 

I began to realize that I couldn’t let damaging situations destroy this season of life for me. I experienced inner sunshine when I learned to move past things that hurt me. I found true peace with myself when I allowed myself to enjoy the little things. Summer started the moment I decided to stop letting things bother my pursuit of happiness.

I said goodbye to old ends and hello to new beginnings. 

High school ended. I lost connections with people that I had been around most of my life. This summer, I said goodbye to so many things that I had known my whole life. I lost connections with people that I had grown up around. When people said adulthood start after high school, I didn’t realize that it would be the moment I walked out of the doors. I may of lost a lot, but I gained so much more. I said hello to new beginnings. I made new connections. I reconnected to people that were meant to be apart of my journey. I experienced new things and new places. I may of lost a little but I gained a whole lot, and my heart couldn’t be more full.

I developed relationships with people who fueled my soul. 

This summer fueled my soul in so many ways, but the relationships I developed with the people in my crowd was beyond the greatest. I formed so many bonds with people I love. I don't think I spent one day of my entire summer alone, and I am so grateful for that. I was constantly surrounded by people I love and it was so refreshing. My group of friends grew together. We got to experience life together in so many ways. We stood by each others side whether we were present together or hours apart. We laughed. We cried. We loved. We did it all. This summer our bonds grew so much closer, and I couldn't be any happier than I am to have my besties by my side for this next journey of life. The support they show me on a daily basis is everything I could've ever asked for and more. My soul is complete.

I was introduced to new places that my heart will forever love. 

If you asked anyone who knows me what I love to do the most, they would definitely say traveling. It’s all I talk about. I’m always wanting to go somewhere. See something. Do something. Experience something. I am never satisfied with settling. Adventure is always on my mind, and travel is always in my heart. This summer, I got to experience the trip of a lifetime. My family, who I’m entirely grateful for, decided to take me on a road trip from Alabama to California. I fell in love with every state and place we stopped. I loved seeing the different span of terrains within 30 miles apart of eachother. The beauty that God has created in this world is beyond belief, and I strive to cover it all. I fell in love with every place my feet touched this Summer, and I am overjoyed to know just how big our creator is.

I learned that every body is a summer body. 

The most important thing I learned this summer was self love. For the first time, I stopped looking at Instagram bikini models with flat stomachs and perfect curves. I stopped wanting to be someone I was not. Instead, I bought cute bathing suits that I had been wanting. My body may be flawed, but it’s mine. This summer, I learned to love the girl in the mirror for everything that she was and even what she wasn’t. I learned to love her for who she was instead of who I wanted her to be. It was the best decision I’ve ever made. “Summer bodies” are stereotypes. Everyone has a summer body. Flaunt your flaws. There is beauty in every inch of you. Love who you are.

I laughed more than I’ve ever laughed before. 

My belly still hurts from laughing so much this summer. Laughing is one of my favorite things to do. I love being surrounded by people that I can laugh with, and that's exactly what this summer was full of. I laughed when I wanted to cry. I laughed all alone in my room. I laughed in the most inappropriate times. I laughed until I hurt, and I'm so happy I did. This summer was full of laughter, and laughter to me is love and happiness. I was full to the brim of happiness and my face showed it. I wish to spend the rest of my life laughing the way I did this summer. Laughing to me is like therapy, and boy was this summer full of refreshing therapeutical moments. I'll forever be grateful for the laughs I got to share with my people. Some of the laughs will forever be imprinted in my brain as the best moments of my life. Nothing is worth more than laughter, love and good company.

Love was shown. 

They say summer love is the best kind of love, I don’t know about that but love was definitely shown this summer. Love was shown in little actions of friends to show they care. Love was shown by Mom and Dad for not letting me starve even though I was supposed to have a job June 1st. (I just started work today) Love was shown by my little sister for never letting me go anywhere alone answer always giving her opinion whether I wanted it or not. Love was shown by everyone I came in contact with. I may not of been in a summer romance, but love was ever so present. This summer taught me that there was so much more to love than what we commonly want it to be. It’s all about connections, bonds, reunions, relationships, hardships, and all of the small things in between. Freely opening my heart to love everyone I meet hasn’t been easy, but this summer has shown me that it’s totally worth it. Maybe summer love is the best if you allow it to be exactly what you need.

I made memories that I’ll never forget for as long as I live. 

This summer was full of memories. I couldn’t even begin to put them all into words, but they’ll forever be imprinted in my heart. This summer brought some of the greatest moments I’ve ever lived. I have stories about this summer that I’ll one day tell my kids. From the other side of the country to my backyard, summer nights have been nothing but memorable. I have loved every minute of this summer. It has been lived to the fullest, and I hate to see it go.

Thank you Summer '19 for everything. You were the best. I couldn't have asked for anything more. You taught me so many life lessons that I'll never forget. You gave me memories that'll last for as long as I live. You also allowed me to develop the greatest relationships and bond skills with the people I love the most. I'll forever be grateful. You were so good to me. R.I.P. to the summer that changed me for the better. You'll forever be remembered. You will forever have a spot in my heart.

Gone too soon. 💔