Goodbye Summer

Goodbye Summer

A farewell letter to my favorite season.

6
Original Image

Summer,

It's that time of year again when I say goodbye to you. You have taught me so much in just three months, and I would like to thank you. Although at times I felt stressed out this summer, you brought me so much joy.

It wasn't all fun and games this summer because I had work I was focusing on. Although this wasn't my favorite part of the summer, you didn't stop me from having fun. I thank you for giving me some time for relaxation at this crazy point of my life.

I feel like you made me focus on myself a little more which I appreciate. I definitely needed time alone to think about my life and how I was going to move forward with it. This caused me to focus more on my dreams, which created more motivation for myself. I really needed that, so thank you summer. I realize now that it's important to take time for yourself.

You brought my best friends together even though we are in different points of our lives and that made me extremely happy. You made the love I have for my family grow even more. When I thought I was alone, you reminded me that I had amazing friends and family who care for me.You gave my wounds time to heal after experiencing pain and heartbreak.

I've met incredible new people this summer, and I can't thank you enough for bringing them into my life. They have made my summer and life so much better already. You had me reconnect with old friends that I'm so grateful I'm still in touch with.

Overall, you taught me that experiencing happiness with the people who I call my friends and family is exactly what I needed. You taught me that I don't need a significant other to be happy; I can work on that on my own. You taught me that life can bring you new people that can bring the same happiness as people who you have known for years. You taught me who I can call true friends. You taught me to work hard after my dreams, but a little relaxation is still required.

Summer, you taught me that saying goodbye to you is never easy because now I have to face new challenges. Summer, you taught me in three months that I can overcome struggles, sadness, and stress. I'm sure I will overcome any challenge that comes my way next. Summer, you were a good thing to me this year. As you come to an end, I know another great thing will start. I can't wait for next summer because this summer taught me so much about myself.

Goodbye and until next time, summer.