Goodbye, For Now.

Goodbye, For Now.

Every ending has a new beginning.

43
Goodbye, For Now.
Odyssey

She waves from behind the computer screen, separated from people who have supported her for an entire year. A tinge of dread settles in her chest, but she knows without fear that this is the best decision for the time. Life has continued moving. In fact, it seems to be steadily increasing in speed. Junior year will be here before she knows it. New opportunities have presented themselves, but with that knowledge, she knows she has some doors that need to be shut for the time being.

This is my goodbye. My goodbye to my devout readers, my family, and my friends. No, I'm not physically going anywhere. But for this past year, I've welcomed you into my mind every week. I've written an article through this wonderful site called The Odyssey which gives people like me the opportunity to express myself through words and reach out to those around me in order to form a connection. I've written about my best friend whom I still haven't met. I've written about school and about life. I've written about drag racing. A lot. In fact, if you didn't know, that's my favorite topic to write about.

And I hope that I don't ever stop writing about drag racing or anything else for that matter. I'm certain that I won't. But I will not be committing myself to another year of every week articles. I will be writing with the wonderful assistance of my editor and my fellow-writers of the Carthage College Community.

I will be writing though. I won't stop devoting my time to living, breathing, and writing racing. I believe that this is the path I'm meant to pursue at this time. I won't stop wanting to promote my beloved sport through both verbal and written communication. As I learned through this process that I've actually helped some people. That is something I had no idea I could do. But as I found out, I've actually taught some people uncertain about this sport what the real meaning behind it is.

My intention is not to abandon my project, my readers, or anybody else. In fact, feel free to contact me at any time to discuss anything.

I'm so thankful to all of you who read as many articles as you could, who critically critiqued and pleasantly praised what I put out. I'm so blessed with the people who I've been graced to have residing in my corner. Before I started this journey, I had no idea the vast quantity or amazing quality of people who supported me in everything I did and do.

This is not goodbye forever. You will hear from me again. You will read me again. This is goodbye, for now, until we meet again. I cannot wait for the time where I will once again have the capability to produce articles weekly, a bit brighter, a bit wiser, and a bit older.

Much love to you all,
Kasey Duncan