Report this Content
From their first game in December 1929 to this year's Stanley Cup tournament, the Chicago Blackhawks have given their fans something to cheer for time and time again. They show class and character both on and off the ice and, for the most part, set an excellent example of true sportsmanship and appreciation for the game.
Although it would be easy to pick 100 times it was good to be a Blackhawk's fan, here are the top ten.
1. The first time the Blackhawks ever played and defeated Pittsburgh 3-1 in front of a crowd of nearly 15,000 people on December 15, 1929.
2. When Bobby Hull had an unheard of 54 goal season in 1965-66.
3. When Jonathan Toews was selected by the Blackhawks and was the third overall pick in the 2007 NHL Entry Draft.
4. When Patrick Kane snatched his first hat trick in the 2009 playoffs.
5. When the Hawks won the Stanley Cup for the first time in 49 years.
6. And when Marian Hossa finally found the right team to lead him to the Cup.
7. During the 2012-13 season when they didn't lose once in their first 24 games.
8. When the team started the #WhatsYourGoal campaign and gave us all the feels.
9. When they had a 12 game winning streak this season.
10. When Kaner scored the game winning goal in double OT in game 5 against the St. Louis Blues bringing us one step closer to being back to back champs.
Let's be real, it's always a good time to be a Hawks fan.
This article has not been reviewed by Odyssey HQ and solely reflects the ideas and opinions of the creator.