Five Reasons I Might Find An Interest In Baseball

5 Reasons I Might Actually Find Interest In Baseball Season This Year

Even though I have never been a big sports person.

96
Ashley Mir

I have never been a big sports person. Growing up, my family didn't really "have a team." My dad came here from France, so his focus has always been on international soccer teams. And my mom really couldn't care less.

As I grew up, I kind of wished my family had a deep devotion to a specific team. I envied my friends who had a huge family hangouts on Sundays to watch their favorite football team.

And now, being 20 years old, it's kind of hard to randomly get into sports as deeply as so many people have been since they were like eight years old.

Of all the sports I've ever participated in or watched, baseball has always been at the bottom of my list.

Basketball has always been my favorite. But baseball was just too boring for me. Something about the idleness of the players 90% of the time and nine innings just really lowered my interest.

But recently, I have found myself looking up home Yankee games. I went to my very first game last summer, and it was honestly such a great time.

As most girls can agree, one of the reasons my interest in baseball has grown is due to the players.

1. Aaron Judge.

media.giphy.com

We all know chicks dig the long ball! Well, look no further than Yankee's right fielder, Aaron Judge. Aaron took home the 2017 ROY Award by clubbing an American League leading 52 home runs. Oh yeah, did I mention he's a Yankee?

2. Bryce Harper.

media.giphy.com

The newest, and most expensive, member of your Phialdelphia Phillies. Bryce Harper signed a whopping 13-year contract worth over $330 million. And he's hot. I'll be there Sunday night to catch him live.

3. Mike Trout.

media.giphy.com

Born and raised on the outskirts of Camden, New Jersey, Mike Trout is the consensus best player in the game today. Sad to say he's taken, but that doesn't mean we can't look. With being the best comes great perks. To put his contract with the Angels in perspective, he makes $98,000 per day for the next 12 years. Yes, please.

4. Kris Byrant.

media.giphy.com

Kris Bryant is an All-Star 3B for the Chicago Cubs. Byrant took the league by storm in just his second season and led the Cubs to their first World Series, ending a 108 year drought. Did I mention that he has a bromance with the aforementioned Bryce Harper?

5. Carlos Correa.

media.giphy.com

The shortstop for the Houston Astros has carved out a nice little career so far. Correa has three Gold Glove awards, three All-Star appearances, and a World Series title. All this before the age of 25. All that is cool, but have you seen him in uniform?