Is It Strange To Go To A Concert By Myself?

Going To A Concert By Yourself Is Not As Bad As You May Think

This is coming from an "adult" who still relies on her mother to make her doctor appointments

53

As a lot of people know, I love going to concerts. I try to go as much as my time and money allows me to go and now that I live in Los Angeles, it has definitely made it easier to follow my concert lifestyle.

Every time I go to a concert, I ALWAYS go with friends or with my family and so I've always been skeptical and extremely nervous about ever going to a concert by myself.

When I buy concert tickets, I always ask friends if they wanna come with me and most of the time they say yes but a few months ago I bought concert tickets just for myself because I feared my friends would flake on me since I was moving away from home for school.

Recently, I went to my first concert all by my lonesome self and if I have to be honest it was fun and totally exceeded my expectations.

Here are a few tips on surviving a night out by yourself:

1. Ride-share services are your homies

media.giphy.com

I don't have a car so I always rely on friends, family, or public transportation. Uber and Lyft have cheap pool options so choose those if you want to get there quickly and save some money! It gets hectic since A TON of people orders them at the same time so be smart and communicate with your driver!

2. Be smart when it comes to buying things inside a venue

media.giphy.com

As much as you want that tour t-shirt, is it worth buying it for $40 when it's really worth $15? Being by myself made me feel less pressured to buy merchandise than when I'm with others. I honestly think buying the $10 from the bootleggers outside the venue is much more worth it especially when you're saving money and still getting a decent shirt! If you do buy a shirt from the bootleggers, always bring cash!

3. Don't be afraid to ask people questions

media.giphy.com

If you are lost, ask people for help! Do not be afraid, most of the time people will be nice and WILL help you! One person approached me to help since I did look like a lost puppy. If that happens, do not be embarrassed, getting lost can happen to anyone!

4. Have fun

media.giphy.com

One positive thing about going by yourself is that you're not stressed that you have to rely and wait on others. You're on your own time and you're responsible for your fun night! Dance like no one is watching and no one is judging!

Some people might not like being alone and I thought I would have never like going to a concert by myself but I had the best time all by myself! I can't wait to go to another concert by myself sometime soon!