It's Going To Be OK

It's Going To Be OK

Just keep swimming, just keep swimming.

424
It's Going To Be OK
WeHeartIt

Don't give up.

I'm here to tell you that it's going to be OK. You know, with what you're going through. We all go through things, but I'm hear to tell you that because we all do go through things, it doesn't make what you are going through any less important.

I've felt true pain before, I mean who hasn't. It's crazy to think about but every single person on this Earth has dealt with pain and suffering. Whether it's something so small or something so big, this shouldn't allow us to react differently towards others depending on their level of pain. Just because you are struggling doesn't mean with what you're struggling with isn't as important as what someone else is.

Whatever you are going through, don't compare it to other's misery. You are important and if something is making you upset or just empty and lost then it's important too. Don't belittle your battles just because they aren't as intense as the person's battle next to you.

I'm here to tell you that it's OK to cry, it's OK to be sad and it's OK to feel defeated. As long as you keep going, and remember that it's going to be OK in the end.

There are so many cliches quotes that I can write here, but I won't because frankly, we've all heard them. Though they do help to a certain extent I don't believe that it's the best thing to read when we are going through a difficult time.

I do have some advice for those who don't know how to keep going and pushing through this bad time. Whether it's relationships, drama, friendships, work, money, religion, politics, family or about anything that can make you upset, I hope this gives you even a little security and confidence that things will get better.

Breathe.

This sounds really easy, right? All I'm asking you to do is simply breathe. Take a moment and fully clear your mind. Taking deep breaths and really concentrating on just breathing will always help you when you are trying to calm down whether you're getting worked up, having a panic attack, or just not knowing how you'll overcome something.

With breathing often times comes clarity. Clarity with what you're dealing with, how you'll overcome it, and just how to overall learn from the obstacles you're facing now.

You may be hurt, sick, depressed, anxiety-filled and feel like you just can't do anything at all anymore. That's wrong. You can still breathe, so give it a shot before feeling defeated and try to look at this as just another thing you can do and will get through.

It's OK to ask for help.

Often times when people are asked if they are OK, they reply 'I'm fine' even on their worst days.

This is wrong.

For some reason, parents and the older generation have tried to enforce the keeping your feelings to yourself, which is extremely unhealthy. We were never told it was OK to seek help from professionals such as therapists or psychologists. I personally believe that every single person on this planet deserves to have that privilege. Whether it's a certified counselor, your best friend, a professor, your mom or your dog, it is so important that we express ourselves to people especially if we're in pain.

Communication is incredibly important to fixing the problems that suffocate us. Whether it's as small as someone whispering in a movie theater or as big as suffering from depression, we all struggle at times in our lives. It's important that we communicate and look to people to turn to at times when we're just not strong enough to face it alone.

Know that you are never alone.

Many times within your life you will feel empty and alone, it's natural to grieve and truly feel heartache and pain. Though it's difficult, we must always remind ourselves that we are never alone. Whether it's one friend or fifty, one parent or a sibling, we are surrounded by people constantly throughout our lives.

You're also not alone in the fact that you are the only one who is suffering through your pain. So many people have gone through what you're going through and have survived.

You may not think it, but people care more about you than you think. People do love you so much and want nothing but the best for you. If sometimes they come down hard on you for your suffering, often times it's because they don't like to see you sad, so they become angry themselves.

It's important that during this time, no matter how bad it is, that we don't shut out these special people in our lives. Pushing people away because you don't want them to go through the same pain and suffering always will hurt them more. Keep your loved ones close especially in a time of need.

Take a second, and realize how loved you are. No matter what, they will always love you and that is something to never forget.

Never give up, things will get better.

It's so easy to throw the covers over our heads and call it quits. It's so easy to cut everyone off and be alone. It's so easy to destroy everything we have worked so hard for. Please don't give up. This will always set you back ten steps than the last time. At the end of the day giving up is completely useless. I know it's hard to keep going through what you're going through but please keep going and stay strong.

Here are some things that have definitely helped me with the pain I've felt in my life:

Try at the end of each day writing down one thing that you're thankful for or happy about. Those little motivators that we have to keep us going.

Try a new hobby or activity. Whatever it may be, get out there and do something. Every day you aren't living is a day wasted.

Plan for the future! Planning fun trips to the city or a small dinner at your favorite restaurant with your friends truly helps. Honestly, time spent with the people that love you is a great way to not only have support but feel loved, which is something you deserve to feel.

Depending on your situation, seeking treatment or professional help is nothing to be ashamed of. There's no need to feel bad about seeking help, and especially if it'll help you. If people judge you for that, then they are clearly too immature to be in your life anyways.

Have a positive outlook on life. It is so easy to just be negative and get down for every little thing. When you're positive and try to make an effort, things fall back into place.

Sure, it's definitely OK to be sad sometimes. But as long as we pick ourselves back up and always remember that it's going to be OK.

Most importantly, love yourself, love your family and friends, and never take this crazy unpredictable life for granted.

And, as so perfectly Dory puts it from Finding Nemo, "just keep swimming, just keep swimming."