God's Way or Society's Way

God's Way or Society's Way

Which way do you follow?

5
God's Way or Society's Way
pexels.com

The opposite of what the world believes is true. The world says, protect yourself at all costs. God says, put someone else first and let me protect you. The world says, it's your right to take revenge. God says, revenge hurts your heart. Let me take care of it. The world says, act on what you feel. God says, submit your feelings to truth. Do only what will help you and others.

I strive to always be what I would call a good person. Always treating people with respect, kindness, and honesty. I strive to be loving and caring to all my friends, family, and significant other. The rules I follow are the way God says to treat people. It is I'm the Bible (The book of life's instructions).

This has been my goal for quite a few years now. I decided to change the way I treated people when I decided to become a nurse. I specialized in geriatrics. Geriatrics is our grandma and grandpas; the ones in the long term care facilities, also known as nursing homes. My theory was there their last stop before they die so they should be treated with nothing but the very best I could treat them. It worked out great for me in that area of people in my life.

It did not work out so well with friends, family, and relationships. I was always being too nice and they learned to manipulate me. Took my kindness for weakness. Always to their advantage, if they needed something I was the one to call. Yet, when I needed someone, I had no one to call. Not one of them ever could scratch my back like I had done theirs.

I had made it a goal to find just one person who treated me exactly the way I treated them. Like I had been doing for years. Not one have I found. I still can not believe that there is not one I have come across that treats people the way the whole world is taught to by our creators advice.

I have come to the conclusion that I must be doing it wrong to be the only one treating people kindly. That I am going to change my morals. I am a person too. Therefore, the changed person that I will now be, will be just like everyone else, but I will get talked badly about for following the crowd.

A lot of my friends have lost a good friend. Sorry. I was a good friend then when we were friends. Now, we must not be friends so that I can not feel bad for acting just like you.

☆Withy Writing☆