11 Ways To Implement Your Faith Into Your Daily Routine

This is how you can grow in Godliness
2362

In today's society it seems that we are constantly on the move. We're consistently going, doing and being and with that comes stress, anxiety and more often than not, a lack of priority. If you are a christian in the work force or attending college you should know how vital it is to be in the word and growing in your faith. I can not stress how much implementing your faith can give you peace and bring you such comfort. So here are eleven ways to implement your faith throughout your busy schedule and life.

1. Pray throughout your day

Whenever I wake up in the mornings, usually when I get into the shower- I often pray. I pray about tests I may have that day or about a variety of other things that may be on my heart. Prayer is so very very important. I mean, prayer is one of the ways that we can communicate with the sovereign, holy, and righteous God that we serve. One of my many goals this year is to pray. To pray more. To pray continuously throughout the day, not just before meals and before I go to sleep. Prayer is just one way that you can implement your faith, silently, throughout this next school year.

2. Read your bible

One thing I am really bad about is making time to read my bible. I replace that time with extra time to sleep or time that I just up and waste. A great way to implement your faith is to know what you believe… and we find that in the bible. This school year try to set out a specific time to do your studies. So you could try to wake up earlier, do it during a study hall or free period, or do it before you go to sleep. Reading your bible is a great way to hear from God and to know how to live a more faith-filled life.

3. Read a devotional

I often have trouble just picking up and reading my Bible. If you are like me I suggest that you read a devotional. On my phone I have an app called “Devotional” and I absolutely love it. It gives readers two devotions- one in the morning and one at night. They also allow the reader to see devotionals from the previous week (six days) so if you miss one, or want to reread one, they are there. Another great thing about the devotional app is that is has trivia and a “Bible Humor” (joke). I love this aspect because it allows you to test what you know about the Bible- and continuously learn. The app also explores the new and old testaments which is something I always look for in a devotional. I also have a one year devotional that I sometimes use as well. It is called, “At his feet” and goes through a series of topics. Devotionals are a great way to get into reading the bible but they should never replace reading the Bible completely.

4.Wear your faith on your sleeve

You can literally wear your faith. If you haven’t read my post about Kerusso you should go check it out, but with companies like Kerusso, Blessed Girl, and Glorified Apparel there are so many options of how you can display your faith through something as simple as a tee-shirt.

5. Listen to positive and encouraging music

This is something I do often. I love listening to rap music. However, I hate the constant profanity and negative connotations that rap usually carries with it. Luckily a few years ago I was introduced to artists like Lecrae, Andy Mineo, and the rest of the 116 clique. Don’t get me wrong- I love some good ole T-Swift and pentatonix every now and again- but for the majority of the time I strive to listen to music that uplifts and encourages its listeners.

6. Continue to be involved in your church

The church is much much more than a Sunday gathering. Church extends far beyond Sunday and Wednesday nights. Being involved in your church means volunteering, serving, and helping to the best of your ability. It also means trying new things- like serving meals, singing in the choir or helping in Children’s Church. With school starting a lot of people shy away from the “extras” of church because of school. Try to work hard at planning your week and study slots around these “extras” so that you have time to attend bible studies and other events (after you are done with your homework/ studying because you set out time to do that ahead of time)

7. Make friends with people who share your values and reach out to people who don’t

In school we often let our friends sway our beliefs. If they don’t think bible studies are important- we usually don’t either. If they think it is okay to watch certain movies, talk certain ways, and listen to certain things- we automatically think that it is okay for us to do the same. This year really try to make new friends. What better way to show and implement your faith than by making new friends.

8. Give yourself fifteen minutes of alone time

With the hustle and bustle of school- don’t forget to take tie out of your day to enjoy God’s creation- to enjoy life. Take a hike, read a book outside, go for a run, just walk outside and breathe in air, watch a sunset, look at the stars. Take time to stop and stare at God’s great creation… You won’t be sorry.

9. Jot your thoughts down in a journal

I recently finished a journal. It is filled front to back with notes from sermons, vacations, and blog ideas beginning back on March 24th, 2014. The last page was completed on August 2nd, 2015. It was such a great feeling to flip back through the pages of old sermon notes and see the changes that had been made through the past year of my life. Journaling, blogging, writing, and taking pictures are all great ways to capture memories and moments- forever.

10. Find or start a small group

Recently I joined a small group and found a group on campus that does bible studies throughout the week. I cannot stress the importance of growing with others, praying with others and building relationships with people in your "circles". Whether it be at work, school or even just within your group of friends devotional and bible study time is so important.

11. Choose Joy!

A great way to implement your faith is to rejoice! Rejoice in the fact that you are alive and able to serve God! Rejoice in the time that you can spend with friends… in my case for the last year of high school we have together. This school year be glad and joyful throughout the good times, and the bad times. Be glad that you serve a God who forgives, redeems, and saves us from eternal separation from him. We are so very unworthy... be joyful.