I'd Give Up The Idea Of Perfection Any Day To Be With My Imperfect Boyfriend

You are exactly who I need in my life, and I can only hope that I am half of that for you.

1270
Kelsey Radigan

To My Imperfect Boyfriend,

You’re far from perfect. Sometimes, you do things that drive me absolutely insane and frustrate me to no end. You make mistakes—a lot of them.

Growing up, we all had this idea in our heads of who we wanted to be with. Our own idea of a “perfect” person: the perfect person we would wake up next to, with the perfect sunrise hitting our perfect faces, cook a perfect gourmet breakfast within our perfect home on a perfect beach.

The more time I spend with you, the more I realize a few things: how completely unrealistic it is to be with a perfect person, and that I would give up the idea of “perfection” any day to be with you.

You’re my best friend, always by my side supporting me through all my crazy ideas, and doing everything you can to make sure I know how much you love me. You’re there for me when I need you, and you know exactly what kind of stupid things to say to make me smile, even if I’m in an impossibly bad mood—even if you caused it.

When it comes to me, you are completely selfless, treating me like I’m the only thing in your life that matters. Your devotion to me is more than admirable. You’re my security and my sanity— even though you’re not always sane yourself, we keep each other sane. Perhaps one of my favorite things about you is your determination to make me happier than I’ve ever been. Even when you don’t know how to be the best for me, you keep trying until you do. I’ve never met someone who has tried harder for anything else.

You’ve taught me how to see imperfection as the most beautiful thing there is.

I don’t want you to be perfect. I want you to have all your quirks, all your tendencies, all your attributes: all the things that make you perfectly imperfect. The issue with perfection is that there is no room for growth, and this whole relationship is about learning from each other and growing together.

You know what the best part is?

I’m not perfect either.

I don’t expect you to see me as perfect. Sometimes, I do things that drive you absolutely insane—and frustrate you to no end. I make mistakes—a lot of them.

But you love me for who I am, and you are more than willing to share this journey of life with me, despite potential bumps along the way. I see you as a person I can grow with, have adventures with, and face life’s many challenges with forever.

It’s funny; I guess all your imperfections make you perfect to me. You are exactly who I need in my life, and I can only hope that I am half of that for you.

Love always,

Your Imperfect Girlfriend