To My Boyfriend Who Changed My Life

To My Boyfriend Who Changed My Life, I Can't Thank You Enough For Making Me Better Every Day

Thank you for every day.

4890
The CW

Social media is flooded with negativity on relationships such as "how I caught my boyfriend cheating on me" or "my toxic boyfriend did this." Everybody has a bad ex, there's no denying that, but sometimes they get more attention than the ones in our lives now. So this is for a relationship I am in presently, a letter to my amazing boyfriend.

Boyfriend, I wanted to take some time to thank you for all you have done. Before us, I was broken and at a low time in my life, but you came along and swept me off my feet like something out of a fairy tale (kinda, I mean you understand).

You make me better, you have influenced me to do more things than I know I could. In these short months that we have been together, I am farther in my life than I ever thought I would be or even could be.

You taught me what it's like to be truly loved and supported. I'm not afraid to fail while I am with you because I know I have you to push me on my feet again. You taught me it's OK to fail and to struggle, just as long as you stay strong.

Thank you for all the little things. Flowers, candy, hugs, and kisses, they mean the world to me and more. Those little texts you send me in the morning is more than that. And I feel as though sometimes I may come off as ungrateful but I want you to know I appreciate everything and look back every day and see how lucky I am to have you. I truly have never been so spoiled.

Everyone says to be in a relationship, you have to have a friendship. I think being together strengthened our friendship and has made us more compatible and more open with each other. I am glad we can be goofy with one another but we can still be serious in the moments that we need to be. I am lucky enough to say I am in love with my best friend.

Overall, thank you for being you. I will never be able to express how proud I am of you for how far you have come. You are the strongest, most loyal human being I have ever met and I admire you for it. You love me with every ounce of you, you always have and I will never find another you.

I know we get irritated and annoyed with each other, but I know that what we have is very special. You fixed the broken pieces of me and I could never be more thankful. When I see you, I see our future and I cannot wait for the rest of our adventure. Every day we create new memories and strengthen our relationship and I am so thankful for that.

So to my boyfriend, thank you for changing my life. I love you.

Follow Swoon on Instagram.