Give A Girl A Brother... Or Three

Give A Girl A Brother... Or Three

Brothers- as frustrating as they can be, I wouldn't change anything for the world.

12
Give A Girl A Brother... Or Three
Delanie Donovan

When you give a girl a brother (or three), she learns to eat her dinner really fast, otherwise there will be no second helpings because they snarf it all down.

When you give a girl brothers, she knows how to defend herself against the obnoxious kids on the playground because her brothers wreck havoc at home, and recess is no different.

When you give a girl brothers, she understands the importance of the quiet serenity of fishing at the pond with Dad and Grandpa.

Give a girl a brother, and she learns to play baseball before everyone else (even if that means she's not very good at it.)

Give a girl a brother and she will always have a friend.

Give a girl a brother and she will be one of the only girls in her grade with a light saber.

Give a girl a brother and she will spend her weekends watching baseball tournaments and creek stomping through the forest.

Give a girl a brother and she will know that boys really don't mind playing with Barbie dolls, but she keeps this secret to herself in case she needs to use it as blackmail.

Give a girl a brother and she is no stranger to messy bathrooms and dirty socks.

Speaking of dirty socks, she's had a few shoved in her face.

Give a girl a brother and she will feel embarrassed when they go to her middle school, high school, and college orientation with her. She'll tell them to leave, but she really wants them to stay.

Give a girl a brother and she will understand the importance of a compliment, because he doesn't give them very often.

Give a girl a brother and she will always have someone to adventure with.

Give a girl a brother and she will experience first hand what it means to have a boy treasure your heart.

Give a girl a brother and she will always be known as "Tyler/Tommy/Joey's older sister". (But it's fine, I really don't mind.)

Give a girl a brother and she'll always have someone to pick on.

Give a girl a brother and their friends become her brothers, too.

Give a girl a brother and she will compare every other boy she meets to them.

Give a girl a brother and she will come to love Star Wars, the Rescue Heroes, and weekend trips to Bass Pro Shop.

Give a girl a brother and their terrible, sarcastic, witty humor will rub off on her. (She may never be as quick witted as they are, but she sure tries her hardest.)

Give a girl a brother and she will always have a confidant.

Give a girl a brother and she will have someone to place the blame on when the lamp falls when Mom and Dad are gone.

Give a girl a brother and she will have someone to stay up with her all night to help with her homework that she just can't figure out.

Give a girl a brother and she will be the master of calling shot-gun so that she doesn't have to sit in the very back of the van.

Give a girl a brother and even though they tower above her, she'll never admit that she's the shorter than them.

Give a girl a brother and she will always have someone who has her back.

When you give a girl a brother, or in my case, three, she will love them unconditionally even when they make her want to tear her hair out of her head. (Unless they beat her to it...which they will.)

To my brothers--you drive me insane but I wouldn't have it any other way. You're annoying, but I guess that's your job.