Girls, You are So Much Better Than 'Good Enough'

To All The Girls Who Don't Think They're Good Enough, Here's The Pep-Talk You Need

You're smarter, nicer, and stronger than you know.

164

If you're struggling with self-worth, don't worry, I'm right here with you.

Life is complicated. Life is messy. And sometimes life can get you right down in the dumps. Especially when you're constantly comparing yourself to the people around you.

I know that this is easier said than done. When you're in class with people who are the next Albert Einstein or when your best friend has already composed a musical, you can feel like you're not good enough. You can feel like what you do and what you have to say about life doesn't matter.

You might feel like you're only an ordinary in a group of specials. You might not think that you have any talents worth sharing or any opinions worth voicing. You might feel like you're just "that friend." The friend that people hang out with because you're just always there. You might feel like your relationships with people don't matter, or that you're never going to fall in love because no one could ever like someone as ordinary as you.

Well, I have news for you.

None of that is true.

You, and I'm talking specifically to you, are worth so much. You can do so many amazing things. Stop beating yourself up because you don't think that you are as good as your friends. Here's the hard truth: you can't compare yourself to your friends because you're different people. You're each living a different life and you each have different strengths. Neither of you is better than the other. You're your own person.

People love you for a reason. Your friends love you for you, not because you're always around. Your family loves you, your friends love you, and someday other people are going to love you too.

And if you're worried you're never going to fall in love, stop it. There are people out there that feel something for you. You might not have met them yet, but they are out there. And one thing that I've learned is that you need to love yourself before you can ever love another person. It's a "me before he" situation, and you need to put yourself first.

So if you're feeling like you're not good enough, stop. You're perfect. You're fantastic. You're your own special person, and no one can take that away from you. No one can match that, and no one can compete with you. Because you shouldn't be competing with other people anyway.

Now go out there and show the world how amazing you are.

Because you are truly amazing.