The 6 Certain Struggles Of Every Girlfriend

The struggles sometimes seem endless, but at the end of the day, it is all worth it.
61

Lately, in the midst of washing my boyfriend's heavily, grease-stained work clothes (he's a welder), I have begun to wonder if the struggles I happily face being a girlfriend are shared by my fellow women. Am I the only one that reluctantly picks up clothes off the floor sitting two feet from the dirty clothes basket? Am I the only one that gets frustrated when it takes a whole argument for my boyfriend to finally tell me what's been bothering him, and get him to talk about his feelings? It can't be so. I have a feeling that most any woman with a significant other can agree.

Laundry.

Such a simple, yet annoying task that seems to blow the minds of most of the male species. Every aspect of this process is foreign to my boyfriend. The clothes never make it to the dirty clothes basket. He wouldn't even know how to properly start the washing machine. "You mean, you're supposed to separate colored clothes from whites?" Folding a pair of pants is harder than fixing the engine of a car, for crying out loud.

Food.

I don't know if everyone's boyfriend/husband has the appetite of an entire NFL football team, but mine does. The first question I am usually asked in the afternoons, after a kiss, of course, is "what's for dinner?" And midnight snacks? I mean, getting woken up to a cute pouty face asking for ice cream is always hard to say no to.

Feelings.

My boyfriend will cause 10 arguments, a tornado, hurricane and a full on war before he will talk about his feelings and tell me what is bothering him. It is usually something that is an easy fix, or that he usually feels better about after he talks it out. But getting to that point? Pure.. well you know what.

Stealing the covers.

Okay, so I know some girls are bad about this, but my word. I wake up with a corner of the sheet more nights than not. I sleep with extra blankets on the bed for backup. And believe it or not, sometimes he takes those too.

Leaving hair in the sink/shower when he shaves.

I am not quite sure why this brings out a mini demon in me, but it does. Oh, and using my razor at times? Another way to drive me insane. I just don't understand how I can shave my legs every day without a trace, and he can't shave his face without leaving the scene of a murder.

Being stubborn.

I will admit, I am pretty stubborn myself, but he wins this category for sure. He just has to be right. And if I show him an easier way to do things? Not gonna happen unless it's his idea or his way. I thought little kids could be hard-headed, but boy he never outgrew it.

Sure there are plenty more struggles I endure every day, but it is more than worth it. He has plenty of bad habits he has to put up with me too. It is just part of being in a relationship. And what we go through, is part of being a woman. God made Eve for Adam, and it's a good thing he did because I have a feeling if women didn't exist, sure men would get stuff done, but they'd fall apart without us.