10 Remedies To Get Rid Of Your Headache

10 Remedies That Will Help Say 'Goodbye' To Your Monster Headache When You Honestly Cannot Afford To Have One

We've all had those times when we've had 2 papers due, an exam and countless meeting and you're hit with a bad migraine.

331

To sum it all up, migraines suck. There's nothing worse than having a list of things to do and you're hit with the worst headache of your life. While there are countless causes for having a headache, stress can be one of the biggest reasons for having one. Which means leaving things until the last minute is not the smartest thing to do. However, I can try to help you out with getting rid of these annoying headaches. I've struggled with migraines for as long as I can remember, so here are 10 remedies to use to get rid of a headache when you honestly cannot afford to have it:

1. Drink A Lot Of Water

This may be a given but I cannot tell I the amount of times I have figured out that I was dehydrated and left with a terrible migraine. Please just drink water. FYI: if you're feeling thirty, you're already dehydrated!!

2. Find A Dark And Quiet Room

Nothing's worse than having a headache in a bright and light room. Tuck yourself away in another room in the house and huddle under the covers! I also find that a sleep mask is very handy for this!

3. Put Some Ice On Your Head

Just as if you would ice any other part of your body when it hurts, ice your head too! It definitely works for me, especially when your head is cold and your feet are wrapped up all nice and cozy.

4. Crack Your Neck Or Get A Massage

Not everyone has the luxury of getting a massage but it's also good to get those knots out. Especially if you have a tension headache, you have to relieve that stress!

5. Frozen Coke Slushy!

Might sound a little crazy but the caffeine of the coke and the coldness of the slushy is the perfect thing for your headache! It's a life changer.

6. Get Off Your Phone And Step Away From The TV

Honestly, the best thing for you to do is catch up on sleep and just relax some more. Your body is under a lot of stress, just try and take it easy for a while.

7. Make Sure You Still Eat!

Headaches can make you feel nauseated and make you loose all your appetite, but you still have to eat!! You can have a headache from not eating, and you're hurting yourself more by not doing it! I find myself guilty of this way too many times during exam season.

8. ASMR

Okay, so this might not work for everyone, but I have learned that ASMR really does help my headaches, or at least helps me go to sleep. I use it as a form of meditation, especially because it is a guide for me and I don't really know how to just sit still and relax as a form of meditation.

9. Excedrin!!

Excedrin

Some people do not get the extreme migraines, but Excedrin's have saved me more than you think. I took some a couple of hours before my exam the other day and I was able to get through the exam when I didn't even see that as a possibility my head hurt so bad.

10. If It Gets Worse, See A Doctor

Stress headaches are one thing, but you always want to make sure that nothings going on internally. Sometimes your doctor can help pinpoint what causes the pain or sometimes give you prescribed medication if your case fits it.