Get That Stress Out!

Get That Stress Out!

Here are some great ways to alleviate the stress in your life

24
Get That Stress Out!

Once in a while, I get really stressed and nothing seems to help. I can't concentrate on a favorite movie or TV show. I can't even pick up a book. My mind is in too many other places to focus.

Stress is something that I literally can't handle because it makes me not able to handle everything else that is important in my life. To me, that is a hindrance that I cannot have, let alone want. So I've devised a few ways that can help relieve stress.

So, whether it is a test that you're worried about, a boy (or girl) who won't call you back, or just life in general is stressing you out, try to put some of these suggestions to the test.

Exercise: In the wise words of Elle Woods:

Herbs:

Add it to food, burn candles with their flavor, make tea with it. Just smelling lavender calms me down. If you can't have candles because of fire codes, you can find wall plugins in some of these herb scents.

Tea:

There are so many wonderful teas out there to help soothe your senses. Chamomile is one of the best for me.

Food:

Now, there is a difference between eating foods on these lists and eating everything in sight. So, just remember:

Peppermint:

Peppermint is great for so many reasons! Not only does it help with stress, it also helps with memory!

Write:

Whether it be a diary, a journal, lists, or anything in between, write it out! Sometimes whatever it is you are worried about just needs to be written down. It might get you thinking about creative ways to tackle the problem ahead, or it might make you realize something about your issue that you couldn't see before. When I write about my problems, I usually vent through new characters I create. I give them my problems and somehow it helps me to figure out what I want to do next.

Talk:

Talk to someone, anyone! I have had some great conversations with my puppy. Even though he doesn't talk back, he still helps. Also, there are always people to talk to. Everyone has someone that they trust: a friend, relative, sister, brother, significant other, etc. Pick up a phone and tell them you need to talk. And no texting/messaging of any kind! That stuff sucks. Face-to-face, over the phone, video chat: that way you can hear and see your person's real feelings and emotions. It's the only way.

In the end, realize that your stress will end. The test will be taken, the boy will or will not call, and life goes on. But there are better ways to deal with stress than just waiting for whatever it is to blow over. Go out, be happy, eat, sleep, drink tea. Everything works out for a reason!

And if you can't sleep, drink a warm glass of milk. It works. I've tried it!