Get Motivated And Take The Challenge

Get Motivated And Take The Challenge

Do what it takes to achieve self-love

11
Get Motivated And Take The Challenge

I think one of the hardest things to do is finding the motivation to better oneself physically and mentally. It is a challenge that can take years to accomplish, and then you’re left with either happiness and self-love, or the feeling of wanting to give up. It is easy to decide that you want to make change, but implementing that change is when the challenge takes over your mind. It is easy to look in the mirror and feel unhappy with the reflection, and decide to better yourself so that reflection smiles back at you. I can go on and on about how easy it is to decide to work out and eat better but getting over the hump of hardship is what discourages people and eventually forces them to give up.

I was one of those people. I wasn’t satisfied with my reflection. I was never unhappy with it, but I realized one day that I wanted to make a change so I could be fully satisfied. At this point in my life, I have never had more self-love and confidence. One day I decided it was time treat my body with respect, and that is what everyone needs to do. Now when I say respect, I mean feeding it with the right foods and working off those extra calories. I do also want to point out that treating your body with respect is extremely important and is relevant under every single circumstance. But in this case, I want to elaborate on how to build your body in the healthiest and happiest way possible.

There is a metaphor that I have heard before that really stuck with me. If you have a dog, you are going to take care of that dog the very best way that you can. You will feed him the best and healthiest foods you can feed him. You will take him on long walks all the time so that he gets the right amount of exercise. You play with him and give him as much love as he deserves. All of this goes with treating yourself the same way as you would treat your dog. You should feed yourself the best and healthiest foods. Take yourself on long walks or runs or go to the gym so you can get the right amount of exercise. Surround yourself with love and support, not negativity. If you can give your dog all the best things, why can’t you give yourself all the best things?

I understand. It is so hard. I have been there. I know what it’s like to spend a week at the gym and get discouraged because it’s too hard. I know what it is like to want french fries over steamed vegetables and cookies over fruit. Every single person will try for a little bit and get stuck at the hump. The hump is the part of this challenge where people have tried, realized it’s too hard and then gave up.

Get. Over. This. Hump. Once you do, you will feel so much better about yourself. Once I forced myself over the hump, I got excited to go to the gym every day. Eating junk food doesn’t appeal to me as much. Treating my body with respect has made me feel more alive than ever. Don’t you want to feel that way too?

Motivating yourself is hard. It’s nearly impossible, which is why you must surround yourself with love and support. Tell your friends and family about your goals. Tell them to encourage you. Find someone to take the challenge with you, I promise eventually you’ll get over the hump. Once you do, you’ll never look back.