When I Need To Re-Energize I Remind Myself Of My Roots

It will clear your head, so you can be the best version of you.

131

We can become severely drained from the daily tasks of life. So much to do in so little time. It can become overwhelming. It can cause us to forget why we are where we are. It can make us question who we are.

The best way to answer these questions: Get back to your roots.

Living in a new place and doing new things can cause us to pine for the good old days when everything felt normal and comfortable. It’s always good to reach out and try new things, but don’t forget where you came from.

When I need re-energizing, reminding myself of my roots is the best remedy.

When you think back on your childhood, what was the best part? What or who do you miss the most? When you ask yourself these questions, you find out what you need most.

Maybe you desperately need a trip home. Maybe you just need to talk on the phone with an old friend. Maybe you want to just see a friendly face. Or, maybe you just need to participate in an activity that reminds you of the past.

Whatever you need to do to get a taste of the familiar, go for it. For me, these thoughts help remind me of what I truly love and care for.

I love my family and my friends back home. Because I have such deeply developed friendships back home, I never feel more reassured than when I am with those people. They know me better than anyone else.

It also helps me when I do one of my favorite activities. Being in college, time seems to fly by. We barely have time to get everything we need to get accomplished. This leaves very little time left over for hobbies. But, I know when I set aside time for that special activity I instantly feel more like myself.

For me, I love reading. One of my favorite things to do back home in my free time was to grab a good book and go to a coffee shop for some quality reading time. Whenever I set aside time for favorite hobbies, I am reminded of what makes me happy that I love.

We need to find out what things make us personally feel more like ourselves. It can be so easy to forget who we are and where we came from. But, setting aside time to reconnect with our roots can be just what we need to lift us out of the sometimes-overwhelming stress of life.

In addition, thinking about college, the expenses, and our futures can be enough to really confuse us. It’s incredibly easy to think about all of this and wonder why we came here in the first place.

This is a complicated feeling because we are no longer devoted to what we are doing here, and we question why we're even interested all of this in the first place.

If you are starting to feel this way, get back to your roots. It will help remind you of what you want. It will remind you of who you are and who you want to be.

Don’t forget who you are. Get back to that core version of you, and use that knowledge to grow from there.