For those poor college students who are sick of sitting in their room watching Netflix, you have options:
The Grand Canyon, as pictured above, has some of the most scenic views you will ever see. No wonder it's one of the 8 Wonders of the World!
Now, I am definitely not the person to chase after draining physical exertion and force themselves to sweat for more than about ten minutes voluntarily, BUT, hiking can be really cool! Waking up early and trekking up a mountain to watch the sunrise with friends is highly underrated. I may be biased but I think Arizona sunrises and sunsets are some of the prettiest ones out there! (It's definitely from all the dust in the air but we can just ignore that fact) Not to mention that it can make for a super cool and aesthetic picture to post on all your social media. Some of my favorite hikes are San Tan, Camelback, and Squaw Peak.
Don't underestimate the power of driving through the middle of no where with friends while jamming to music with the windows rolled down.
Similar to hiking, night drives create some of the best memories! My friends and I have found ourselves driving around random mountains and getting lost, blasting music, hanging out the windows and singing at the top of our lungs in the middle of the night. These adventures have been some of my favorite times with my friends and I highly recommend going at least once! Just makes sure your phone is charged and your gas tank is full.
Nothing brings me more joy than the fact that drive-in movies have once again become popular! I remember as a kid watching old movies and being so jealous of the people who got to go sit in the back of their trucks surrounded by blankets and popcorn and friends but now I can do it myself! The West Wind Glendale Drive-in Movie Theater on 59th ave and Bethany Home Rd shows all the newest movies with a general admission of only $7.50!
Scottsdale Museum of Contemporary Art
The Scottsdale Museum of Contemporary Art has to be one of the coolest places I have ever been to, and it only costs $7 for students! Featuring different exhibits throughout the year, the SMCA is home to some of the most interesting concepts and activities. Right now the main exhibit is Refik Anadol's Infinity Room. Basically, it's a small room you go into for four minutes at a time and different sequences such as the one pictured above play around you while you stand, sit, or lay on a mirror floor. I highly recommend making a trip to see it before it leaves on September 30th!
Who could say no to such an aesthetically pleasing, delicious, and affordable treat?
Located in Scottsdale on Indian School Rd and Scottsdale Rd, Sugar Bowl is one of the cutest ice cream parlors ever created! With over 50 different options for ice cream, it also offers multiple choices for sandwiches, salads, soups and more. Besides it being a super fun outing it can create some pretty fun pictures too! The price is unbeatable and the experience is unforgettable!
- 10 Fun Things To Do This Summer ›
- 6 Important Things To Do On Summer Vacation ›
- 10 Things To Do In Phoenix, AZ, For $10 Or Less ›
- See & Do | Visit Arizona ›
- THE 15 BEST Things to Do in Arizona - 2018 (with Photos ... ›
- Best 46 Fun Things to Do & See in Phoenix, Arizona - Activities ... ›
- The 10 Best Fun Activities & Games in Arizona - TripAdvisor ›
- 25 Best Things to Do in Arizona ›
- Free Things to Do in Phoenix, Scottsdale, Tempe in 2018 | Phoenix ... ›
- 15 Free or Low-Cost Things to Do With Kids in Phoenix ›
- Things To Do In Phoenix - Deals on Activities in Phoenix, AZ | Groupon ›
- The Cheapskate Guide To: Phoenix - ›
- Phoenix Free Things to Do: 10Best Attractions Reviews ›
- The 30 Best Things to Do in Phoenix ›
- Actually Cool Things to Do in Phoenix Right Now When Someone ... ›
- Ultimate Arizona bucket list: 50 things to do in Phoenix ›
- Phoenix free and cheap things to do ›
- Cheap and Free Things to Do in Phoenix ›