5 Things To Do As Soon As Quarantine Is Over

I know that there are millions of us who are struggling during quarantine, and for me, the only way I've been getting through it is with a LOT of FaceTime with friends and looking forward to being able to do everyday things that we have to avoid during lockdown. So I've compiled a list of the things I'm looking forward to most, and hopefully you can read this and not feel sad because you can't do them, but hopeful for the day to come that we all can!

Go to the beach

I'm from California so this hits really hard for me, especially since my semester is over, and all I wanna do -- since it's technically summer -- is go relax on the beach! I'm stoked for it to be fully opened again, because I'll be out there the first day it is!

Hang out with friends

This one is SO tough because my friends are everything to me, and not being able to see them is what's making time most difficult for me. I've kept myself busy by talking over FaceTime or even Zoom with my friends and making plans for all of us once we get to see each other again.

Travel

This one has also been hard for me because I was abroad in Italy this past semester, and we were sent home during our spring break. Everyone lost out on the opportunity of 2 more months of travel and living in our home countries, which was heartbreaking, especially for those who had been looking forward to going abroad since they started college, only for it to be cut short halfway through. But I know that once this has passed, I'll be traveling and making up for lost time!

In-store shopping

As much as I love online shopping, I know that I'm not the only one who likes being able to go to new stores and try things on. Plus, when shopping at a new store, It can be really difficult to guess your size online and not have to return most of your items! I for one will be sprinting to the mall once it opens, because online shopping can never replace the fun of going to the mall!

Go to school

Now I know that some colleges and universities have announced that they are closed for the fall and will only be operational online, which is going to be hard on students and incoming freshman. I feel for you all. But I know that I'm looking forward to the day I'll be able to go to class in person and see my friends at school, whether it's in August or next January.

Let's not lose hope, just stay home and stay healthy until stay-at-home orders are lifted, but remain cautious! This will all be a memory soon enough!