10 Fun Things To Do While In Quarantine

10 Fun Things To Do While In Quarantine

If you're not doing online school and you spent way too much time on Netflix, what else can you do?

35
unsplash/Tonny Tran

Are you bored with all the things you did? You finished homework and binged on all your favorite series. However, there are a bunch of things we always look forward to doing when we get time, but we never usually get to it because it never comes to mind. Here are ten things you can do while quarantine has got you stuck inside.

Write in a journal or on a document

Write whatever comes to your mind and even if your ideas may seem bland to you, that's okay because your thoughts will keep your energy flowing throughout the day. If you have a story idea or something other than just creative thoughts, then go for it!

Try to find some old eye-catching things

We all love to reminisce about certain items from the past so go into that storage room, and while you're organizing, go ahead and look through some things you forgot you had. It may make you feel good and it will surely pass a lot of time!

Go online and look through categories to shop

You don't have to buy anything, you can just browse through anything online and look for room decor, some clothes or anything that interests you.

Take a walk

Put your earbuds in and walk around the neighborhood. You might hate the idea, but once you actually do it, it will feel so refreshing. Take some time away from the phones, computers, and TVs and get some fresh air.

Make a bucket list

I recently made a bucket list with some of my friends since summer is getting closer and the six of us have decided to go hiking, watch a movie, or drive in the night while blasting the music. We have filled our notepads with ideas of fun things to do, but the best part is that even if we don't get to do anything, it was fun to make the list and think about what we COULD do.

Find a new hobby

You may be super athletic and play every sport there is, or be the kid who collects everything in sight, but are you the type of person to try something new? There is nothing wrong with finding out so go ahead and do something that you have never done before like painting, writing a song or even something like baking.

Meditate

I know what you're thinking. How is meditating any better than boredom? Well, I'll tell you that I thought the same thing until I sat down, crossed my legs and cleared my mind. It wasn't just meditating that helped, but the after effect. Everything such as stress or anxiety went away for awhile and I felt good. Just try it out!

Write a list of what to do when you're bored

It's ironic since that's exactly what I'm doing right now. I'm using strategies to cope with boredom to help my own boredom and I'll tell you that it's definitely working.

Read!

Not many people pick up a book or read an article anymore. Pick a book and read it and if it isn't good then pick a different genre or read the blurb because I promise you there are definitely books out there that will intrigue your taste by at least a little bit.

Create something

If you ever made crafts when you were a kid and enjoyed it, do it again! Take household materials and make something or look up a YouTube video on crafts to see where your creative mind will take you.

During this time, I hope everyone stays safe. Wash your hands and don't be afraid to wear masks if you go out in public.

From Your Site Articles