To My Friend Dealing With Depression

To My Friend Dealing With Depression

You are not alone.

20
To My Friend Dealing With Depression
Playbuzz

To my dearest friend,

I know you are going through something that neither of us can entirely wrap our brain around. I know that there is something inside of you telling you that you are alone in this world, that you do not belong, or that you are not good enough. Well I'm writing this to tell you that none of these things are true.

I want you to know in your darkest hours, I am here for you. I will always be here for you. There's not a hour, minute, or second I won't will be willing to talk to you. I don't care if I'm across the country from you or in the same city. If ever you are feeling down and you feel like there is no one to talk to, please call me immediately. If you want me to just listen, I will listen. If you want me to do the talking, I will talk. If you want me to make you laugh, I will come up with some ridiculous joke that will probably only make me laugh, but my hilarious chuckle and snort will most likely end up making you laugh.

Whenever you are sad it makes me sad. It hurts me to see you this way. It hurts me to know that sometimes I can't do anything to make it better. I'm sorry the miles between us don't allow for me to pick you up in my car and just go for and ride and listen to our favorite songs. But I want you to know, no matter the distance I will always be there for you.

When you feel like you are not a good enough friend, just know you are immaculate to me. You are incredible. You are intelligent and you have so many things going for you, which is why I can't sit back and watch this sadness get in the way of your greatness. I want you to overcome this monster. I want to help you defeat it, but I know I'm not the only thing that can help you get well.

Your well being is so important to me, so I need you to do everything in your power to get better and I will be here with you every step of the way during this process. Remember that the thoughts in your head are not true. Stay calm in times of anxiety, understand your worth, and know that I am always in your corner.

There is no other you. You are irreplaceable. Your friendship means so much to me. Everyday I speak to you, your spirit and presence and vibrancy radiate on to others. You change people's lives. Until you are completely healed from this sickness that makes you feel worthless, I will continue to remind you of your worth every second I have the chance.

Stand strong. Remain positive. Hold your head up high my friend. Depression ain't got shit on you.

Sincerely,

Friend in your corner