Feeling Overwhelmed? Here's 7 Free Online Resources To Help.

You don't have to do it alone.

17

In the current state of the world, it's easy to get overwhelmed by everything that's happening. On top of our normal daily stressors, our lives have been completely turned upside down. It's completely understandable to not be okay right now. Whatever your situation, we all deserve to have a toolkit to help us when emotions arise. This helps us cope when things get stressful, so even if you're developing coping mechanisms to deal with a minor inconvenience, it trains your brain for other stressors along the way.

1. Use this website to create calming silk art.

Weave Silk is a web-app that allows you to create art by dragging your mouse around the screen. If you're in an emotionally tense situation, it may be a good idea to use this app for a couple minutes to take your mind off things and re-center so you can approach the situation with a more clear mind.

Weave Silk

2. Watch these Headspace animations to learn mindfulness techniques.

Mindfulness helps us stay calm in the face of crisis. These techniques can be used in your daily life on the micro-level to manage unwanted thoughts or distractions.

3. Listen to The School of Greatness Podcast to take the focus off your struggles and reframe your mindset.

Lewis Howes interviews successful people on how they created their success. It's an inspiring podcast with actionable advice to use in your daily life.

4. Take a break with The Quiet Place Project.

The Quiet Place project only takes about a minute of your time, and encourages its users to take a break from social media every now and then. This is another good resource to re-center when things get stressful.

The Quiet Place Project

5. Get a pick-me-up with an Emergency Compliment.

If you're feeling down about a situation, sometimes it's good to have someone validate you. Even if it's in a small way. Emergency Compliment gives you validation with the click of a button and aims to give you a confidence boost, no matter how small.

6. Explore the stars with this website.

This website takes you on an interactive tour through the various stars in the galaxy. It's informative and aesthetically pleasing!

100,000 Stars

7. Let it all out with Player 2, a game that puts interpersonal conflicts in a new perspective.

Player 2 lets you vent and process your feelings in a constructive way. The goal of this game is to change your perspective on how to cope with another person letting you down, and how to process feelings of anger, hurt, and frustration towards someone else.

Player 2

These resources are meant for self-soothing and to deal with emotions. If you or someone you know is in danger of harming themselves, please contact the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255.