Free Apps Every College Student Needs

Free Apps Every College Student Needs

There’s an app for that.
6

We live in the twenty-first century where there’s an app for everything. But the apps a stay-home-mom needs is very different from the apps the average college student needs. Here is a list of all of the apps that make my life easier so I can focus on not failing out of school:

1. Google Photos

To be honest, the entire reason I wanted to create this list is so that I could tell other people about the glorious gift that is Google Photos. For years, I struggled with the “Storage Full” alert on my iPhone because I had so many photos that I didn’t want to delete. But now, I have Google Photos and I just backup all of my photos online so that I can always access them without using all of my iPhone’s storage.

2. TuneTime Interval Timer

This is the best Power Hour app, in my opinion, because it doesn’t make you play music when you play. If you don’t know what Power Hour is, it’s basically the world’s best pregame drinking game where you take a shot of beer every minute for an hour. It may sound easy, but the longer you play the game, the quicker it seems like the timer is going off.

3. Houseparty

This app allows for multiple users to video chat at once, which is perfect for when the squad is separated over summer or abroad.

4. Private Photo (Calculator%)

LOL, I first heard about this app when I was watching the news because, apparently, a lot of children and young adults were getting in trouble with their parents for using the app. Why were they getting in trouble? Because, though this app looks like a regular calculator, but it’s actually a secret storage app that can keep pictures and other things that won’t show up in the regular Photos app and no one but the main user can get into the app without the password (which happens to be a math problem on the calculator option). It’s kind of genius, but if you notice your significant other has this app, you might want to reconsider your relationship status.

5. Photomath – Camera Calculator

Another calculator app, but this one actually solves math problems by just taking a picture of the problem. Where was this when I was in middle school?

6. Dream Journal Ultimate

This app is a digital dream journal that keeps track of user’s dreams. This way, users don’t have to go on and on about their dumb dream from the night before to their friends, who couldn’t care less.

7. Colorfly: Coloring Book for Adults

Put away that stupid coloring book you just took out of your backpack. I don’t care how “relaxing it is.” You are a grown adult. Have some dignity and at least download a coloring app so can do it in privacy.

8. Relax Music Free - Zen Melodies, White Noise & Nature Sounds for Meditation, Positive Thinking, Relaxation, Yoga and Sleeping

Actually, just use this app to relax. Coloring is stupid.

9. ArtStack

Discovering an appreciation for classical art, on the other hand, is not stupid.

10. Fitbit

Keep track of those steps and your sleep schedule (“That’s so weird, I don’t remember being awake for five minutes at 3 A.M. last night.”) with this app.

11. CNN

Buzzfeed is fun, but it’s not real news. Use this app to at least appear to be aware of what’s going on in the world.

12. Shazam

Perfect for figuring out what song is playing while in line for Starbucks but you’re too afraid to ask the barista.

13. Venmo

Now, your friends can actually pay you back when they are out of cash because you both have Venmo.

14. VSCO

My friends make fun of me relentlessly for using VSCO, but I honestly don’t care. My photos look good and I don’t have to over-upload to Instagram with a VSCO account.

15. Bumble

A great new dating app where everyone is hot and you’re bound to meet your soul mate!

16. Tinder

This is for when you don’t get any matches on Bumble and need to resort back to the sinners on Tinder.

17. GroupMe

The FSU Odyssey GroupMe is lit. Just saying.

18. Uber

Because paying $5 for a ride home is worth it.

19. TIDAL

I didn’t know I needed TIDAL, but now that I have it, it’s all I use to listen to music.

20. Facetune

Perfect for anyone who wants to trick people into thinking they look completely different from how they were born to look! (You know who you are.)

21. iTunes U

I don’t even know what this does, but the U makes it look educational, so why not?

And now, here are all of the common sense apps you probably already have on your phone, but I still thought I should give an honorable mention to:

Instagram, Boomerang from Instagram, Facebook, Facebook Messenger, Twitter, and Snapchat.

Enjoy your new apps, nerds.