#ForeverAlone

#ForeverAlone

Sometimes being single is better than being stuck with the wrong person forever.

30
#ForeverAlone

"Trust in the Lord, and do good; dwell in the land and befriend faithfulness. Delight yourself in the Lord, and he will give you the desires of your heart."

Psalm 37:3-4

Just recently I have started to become at peace with being alone forever. It is not that I feel ugly and fat or that I do not seek to be in a relationship and in love with someone, but I came to the realization that I need to surrender it all over to God. It is not until I am truly at peace with it just being me and God for the rest of my life that I am going to be blessed with his will. I trust that he has someone perfectly picked out for me in the future because he knows how much I adore loving people, but also if it is not in his will I need to be okay with that.

This time of year seems to be the hardest for me because all I want to do is drink hot chocolate with someone and watch Hallmark Christmas movies. Everyone around me seems to be finding their person and it gets the point where I find myself lingering for a relationship again. With a new engagement being announced every day as much as I am happy for them sometimes I feel like I'm inching closer to never finding anyone. After my most recent breakup and how demanding this past semester has been, I realize how little time I have for anything and that I am not emotionally ready for any of that yet. My heart desires to be able to share the holidays with someone special, but my mind realizes it just is not in the cards right now and that is okay. As those thoughts of negativity may begin to cloud my vision I realize how selfish it is of me to ever think I am alone and to stop putting my worldly desires above the calling of Christ. So every bitter remark I may make at the tv everytime a Christmas movie ends with a happy ending, I hope my mind quickly realizes how blessed I am and that I have so many people who love me unconditionally.

I promise society will try to make you think differently with being at peace with the season of singleness, every time you feel at peace something will certainly try to tempt you again. Especially considering right now is known as "cuffing season". Which this season is a time for lonely singles who were once at peace with being alone are going to start to desire to be in a relationship that ties them down.

The awesome thing about waiting and trusting God is you know you are never going to settle for someone who is not worthy of you. It is so easy to get caught up in the demands of the world and think you need to be in a relationship, so you end up settling for someone just so you are not alone anymore. When it is my time to be with someone I know God will bring them when I least expect it and that is why I have accepted the concept of being forever alone. I would much rather spend the rest of my life relying on God than in a broken relationship that I'm forced to make work because I could not imagine being by myself. Now I kind of find it quite comical when I claim to be forever alone because I know it is all in God's will. I never really am in control of who my soul mate is anyways, God has already had that planned out even before I knew what boys were.

"Do not be unequally yoked with unbelievers. For what partnership has righteousness with lawlessness? Or what fellowship has light with darkness? "

2 Corinthians 6:14

So during these cold winter months when a relationship seems so desirable, it is time to realize God is not done working on your heart. He is equipping us for the right time.He wants us to be with someone who values you like a princess and makes God the center of your relationship. You want someone who not only challenges you intellectually but most importantly spiritually. A relationship is all about what you put into it, so I pray that good brings me the skills to overcome what I have struggled at since the day I began dating. MAKE ME STRONGER.WISER.AND MORE LOVING. Until then I am at peace with being alone as long as God is in control, but in reality, I am never truly alone because he is always at my side.

"And surely I am with you always, even to the very end of the age "

Matthew 28:20

So stop asking me about if I have found that special someone, but ask me how much God has transformed my heart in the past six months while being single.