5 Folk Remedies That Can Improve Your Life Using Only Flowers

Plants that you should have in your garden.

14
Almanac

For centuries, people haves used flowers, roots, and herbs to improve their lives be it medicinally or otherwise. One of the greatest advantages to using plants for remedies is that generally, there are less scary side effects than there are in modern-day medications. Using plants and flowers for remedies can also be cheaper than typical Western Medicine.

Before I go any further, I want to write a disclaimer: I am not a medical professional and I don't encourage throwing modern medicine out the window; I just want to share some common Folk remedies using plants. If you do want to try any of these out, please go to to a health food store and ask for help to find the right product for you! Unless you know what you're doing, harvesting your own herbs and plants for medicinal purposes can be dangerous if not carefully done!

So without any more ramblings from me, here is a list of 5 plants that have been used for Folk remedies and may work for you!

1. Dandelion

These common weeds can be used for numerous medicinal and nutritional things. They are known to help clean out toxins from your blood, promote overall well-being, and they have also can be used as a laxative. The greens and flowers of this plant can be eaten, and you can also make a tincture or tea out of them.

2. Honeysuckle

If you are from the South, you are more than likely all-too-familiar with these sweet smelling (and tasty) flowers that grow on a vine! Honeysuckle flowers can be completely consumed and can be used to make a throat gargle that helps with soreness. The flowers can also be made into a paste and can help with skin irritation.

3. Morning Glory

Morning Glory flowers are used in multiple cultures as a laxative and have been used in Folk medicine for generations to bring a pregnant woman into labor. The seeds can actually cause hallucinations if ingested, so be sure to avoid eating them.

4. Roses

These beautiful garden flowers, also known as a flower of romance, are very much edible, and are actually high in Vitamin C. A tea made out of the petals can be used as a laxative, and the benefits of using rose for the skin are well-known by many people today. The petals are known to increase blood circulation if eaten.

5. Sunflowers

Making tea with sunflowers can help with stomach ulcers and menstrual cramps; these beautifulA flowers (my personal favorite) can be good for you both mentally and physically! Flowers tend to brighten our spirits, and this can improve overall mental health and stress levels.