10 Florida State Frustrations That Every Seminole Can Relate To

We have all been there.

887
FSView and Florida Flambeau

Let's face it, if you attend Florida State University, you inevitably love it. The beautiful campus, the overwhelming school spirit and the abundant opportunities to succeed here would captivate just about anyone. Although we will all proudly announce that we are Seminoles, we aren't so blind that we can't see the flaws in our favorite spot in Tallahassee. Here are 10 frustrating experiences that any FSU student has dealt with on many different occasions.

10. Fearless cross-walkers.

We get it, OK. We know you have 56 uncompleted homework assignments, you haven't slept in two weeks, and you are really hoping that if we hit you with our cars we will have to pay for your tuition. We understand these feelings, trust me.

All of us here are experiencing the same things, and the last thing we need is to have a guilty conscious for hitting you with our vehicles. With that being said, please stop trying to cross the street after our cars are halfway through the crosswalk.

9. The partying reputation.

At some moment in all of our lives, we have told someone that we attend FSU and then are immediately given that knowing side smirk, an unspoken, "Oh, I know what you're up to then." Yes, Florida State has a reputation for partying. No, that is not my priority. Let me get this stellar education without you assuming what I do with my time.

8. The uphill struggle.

As much as we love Tally, no one can deny that getting around campus some days can be serious work. Honestly, do I really need to work out if all of my classes happen to be on the top of abnormally large hills?

7. Random downpours.

You can leave your room at 11 A.M. and it will be beautiful outside, not a single cloud in the sky. The flawless weather will have you in a great mood, and you can walk to your afternoon Chemistry lecture without a worry in the world.

Everything seems fine and dandy until your teacher dismisses you and you walk outside to behold a rainstorm that is easily comparable to the great biblical flood. Do you have your umbrella or rain boots? No. Will you ever learn? Probably not.

6. Classes with few grades.

A new semester is always filled with the promises of potentially easy classes and raised GPAs. That is until your first professor of the day informs you that your only grades are based on your attendance, your midterm, and your final. No I am not stressed, it's fine, I'm fine, everything is fine.

5. Overzealous bikers.

One second you are casually strolling down Legacy Walk, and then the next moment you see your life flash before your eyes as some Lance Armstrong wannabe comes within .7 mm of running you over. Please slow down before I put my foot in front of one of your tires.

4. Getting teased about our football ranking.

Or I should I say lack of ranking. Yes, this season was subpar, but we also lost our starting quarterback during the first game and his replacement was a true freshman. Talk to me again next year.

3. People who won't shut up in Stroz.

This is a LIBRARY. I came here to STUDY. Please stop screaming about how your fraternity dream boy made eye contact with you in the hallway. If I wanted to hear noise I would have gone absolutely anywhere else on campus to look over these notes.

2. "You went to FSU because you weren't smart enough to go to UF."

Let me just stop you right there because your breathing is annoying me at this point. Many students here, including myself, got into both schools and decided to go to FSU for a myriad of different reasons. Find something else to do other than tear people down.

1. Parking.

Do you really go to FSU if you haven't circled all of the parking garages on campus for hours hunting for a parking spot? You would think that instead of adding multiple residence halls someone would consider maybe adding on to the parking garages. We risk parking tickets and getting towed every day in order to make it to class on time, and quite frankly, we are TIRED of it.