Five reasons why work-study is the greatest thing ever

You won't regret it once you give it a try.

29

Being a college student isn't cheap. Having a job in college isn't easy, either.

Then when you combine both, life just seems like an absolute mess. But don't worry! This is how I found a way to manage all of my classes while still earning some extra cash on the side.

Personally, I take 20+ credits and have three on-campus jobs.

Yup, that's right. And if I haven't died yet, then you won't die by adding one on-campus job to your daily schedule. In all honesty, it is probably the best thing I could have done for myself.

Here are my tips and recommendations for getting an on-campus job!

Good way to earn extra cash.

No one likes working, but everyone likes money. Even though you might not be earning all of the money in the world at this job, it will be some to help get you by. It's extra pocket cash for gas, groceries, or even to treat yourself out to some dinner.

Work around your schedule.

A job where you won't be overworked? That's right. As a student-worker, you actually get to make up your hours and choose how much you work. Yes, there is a cap of how many hours you can work per week, but nothing is better than making up your own schedule to what fits you best. Also having supervisors that understand if you need to call-off in order to study for a big test coming up or to work on a project for a class.

Convenient location.

If you're working on-campus, then that literally means you will be hanging out in the same place you have your classes at. You might have a four-hour gap between classes, so guess what? That is a perfect time to fit in a short work shift instead of doing nothing. You can literally walk to your job in between classes with no fears of being late.

Get that tuition money.

GET THAT MONEY! The really nice thing about it being a work-study job is that if you qualify for work-study, you can even get money towards your tuition! College and being a college student is not cheap, so appreciate the different ways cash will be coming towards you.

Get to meet other people.

When you're so caught up with school and work it might be a bit hard to make friends or have any social time. Luckily, since you work at your school, you are surrounded by students like you all of the time and can even make friendships from understanding the college-student struggle.

Working isn't as bad as people might make it out to be, especially when you get to work at school.