Fun Places To Study When The Studying Isn't So Fun

As long as I have a good cup of coffee and a quiet corner, then I'm able to get so much work done.

42

I think one of the biggest differences between college and high school is that there is always something you could be doing. The work is endless, but as long as I have a good cup of coffee and a quiet corner then I'm able to get so much work done. Here are some fun places to study.

1. Coffee Shops

I can testify that most of my time in the past 5 years has been spent at a coffee shop. Not only do they feed my caffeine addiction, but they create a comforting atmosphere where you can spread out all of your homework and really focus.

2. Bookstores

I have found that a lot of people like to go to coffee shops. Sometimes it's refreshing to run into people you know, but at other times I need no distractions or I may never get anything done. I think studying at bookstores is a good solution to having no distractions. Just the other day I went to Barnes and Noble for three hours and got so much done with no interruptions. Also, if you're a book nerd like me, you can reward yourself for your hard work by going to look at books after you're done studying or if you need to take a brief break.

Libraries 

Another great place to study with no distractions is the library. Libraries have a no speaking policy, which makes it easy to focus. Some libraries have rooms that you can reserve. During finals, I like to reserve a room where I can go and study with a few people. A small space to study allows you to consult with your peers on something you're unsure about, but it is still a quiet and relaxing atmosphere.

Parks 

If it's a nice day and you don't want to spend all of your time inside studying, take your homework outside with you. I like to take my hammock and work on homework. A hammock is a great place to study and it is a great place to take a power nap if you need to take a small break from work!

No matter what atmosphere you prefer, pick a study place that provides a relaxing atmosphere where you can be the most productive with no distractions. Also, it is a good idea to figure out what helps you study. At times, I work best when I'm alone in a quiet atmosphere. Then other times, I like to have two or three friends who are just as dedicated to working as I am. It's good to have a couple of people to motivate you to get things done and who will help you if you're confusing about something. So next time you need to study or do homework, pick a fun and helpful study place!