5 Health And Fitness Tips For Busy People

Help has finally arrived.

316
StarTribune

For me, dieting is like bicycling through a fiery pit blindfolded. I may be able to barely hold on at first, but eventually, I am going to lose my footing and fall. My weight is something that I have struggled with for just about my entire life. I have tried Weight Watchers before, and while I did temporarily follow the program, it did not last that long. Depriving myself of the foods that I love is not something that I believe in. I have found that I need to create a new lifestyle: A lifestyle that I can follow for the rest of my life. Recently, I have stumbled upon this lifestyle, and with it, I include these five tips for a better lifestyle.

1. Eat a lot of protein.

Protein is an important part of your diet for many reasons. It is a component of every cell of your body, especially your hair and nails. In order to repair damaged tissues, your body will need protein to do so. A protein rich diet can also decrease one's odds of muscle loss, and assists the development of muscles. Beware though, it is dangerous to consume too much protein in one sitting. It is recommended to only eat between thirty to forty grams of protein in one meal. There is only so much that your body can break down at a time.

2. Find the time to exercise.

Exercise and protein go hand in hand. I recommend joining a gym, but there are several different things that you can do to stay fit, such as walking, sports, gardening, etc. Exercise has been proven to be an important part of your diet. Quite simply, you need to burn more than you ingest. That is not always possible, but it definitely does help burning off some of the food that you eat. That way, there is less that your body needs to break down. I realize that it is difficult finding the time to exercise, but I am sure there is a way to work it into your routine. I normally go to the gym on weekends and after work.

3. Limit your carbs.

This is one that I swear by. I have been following a low carb diet since last year and I have found a lot of success with it. My friend has also been on this diet longer than I have and looks amazing. I like that I do not have to count calories or weigh my food. Quite simply, there are less starchy sugars that your body needs to break down, which will help you lose weight. Just make sure that you do not cut them out completely. Carbs are an important source of energy for your body, but you can have too much of a good thing. You will experience side effects after you quite cold turkey though, such as headaches, fatigue, and dizziness, but they will eventually pass.

4. Drink water first thing in the morning.

Some of you will probably shake your head at me, but I absolutely hate water. I would rather pull teeth than drink it, to be honest. It is so plain with no real flavor. Science has proven the benefits of drinking it in the morning though, so if you are like me, you just have to suck it up. It can kick start your metabolism in the morning, which will play an important role in supporting your weight loss. Water also helps to keep you full, and less likely to eat in between meals. You will thank me later when you are eyeing a mouthwatering platter of brownies and cupcakes at work.

5. Try new recipes.

Eating the same things everyday is very boring. I can't eat the same things over and over again. I will eventually return to my old habits and gain back all the weight that I lost. Just like other areas in our lives, we need to keep our diets exciting. I recommend checking out the recipes that Pinterest have. I have found some hidden gems on that website, especially for snacks and desserts. My sweet tooth can be very demanding sometimes, but some of these recipes have satisfied my cravings.