Five Easy New Year's Resolutions

Five Easy New Year's Resolutions

2017 is the year for bettering yourself.

37
Five Easy New Year's Resolutions
Best Western Sedona

In this day and age, not many people make New Year's resolutions and stick with them throughout the year. It's common to give up by the end of January, and you're applauded if you hold out until March. But, some might be easier than others. Here are five resolutions that not only will make you feel like you have your life together, but you'll feel good, too.

1. Study more.

Everyone always says, either in August or January, that this will be the semester you get your 4.0. This spring, make it happen! Schedule study times and get into a habit, so by the time finals in May roll around, you'll be ready. Not only will your stress and anxiety levels begin to mellow out, but you'll feel more prepared going in to tests and projects.

2. Make more time for friends.

This is a given, but it's also easy to overlook. As we get older, we get more involved in internships and jobs, and less likely to hang out with our loved ones. This coming year, try to keep a few hours a day to just sit and chat, whether it be over lunch or on the phone for a few minutes, racing to class.

3. Work out.

The gym will be flooded until at least mid-February, but it truly will pay off. You'll look good and you'll feel good. Statistically, regularly working out boosts your inner confidence and makes you happier. By working out in the mornings, you'll start your day off awake and alert, or by working out at night, it's the perfect way to destress after a long day of classes and homework.

4. Eat healthier.

This goes hand and hand in number three, but to truly be healthy, you have to begin from within. When you eat food that's good for you, you have more energy and you'll feel more awake. And hey, your skin may clear up, too!

5. Love yourself.

This one might just be the hardest on the list. Gaining your own confidence and self-assurance is no easy task, and it could take years, even, to gain the smallest amount of self-love. The easiest way, however, is fake it till you make it. You may not believe your worth now, but if you wake up every day believing in yourself, eventually you'll begin to believe it. And one day, you'll find it to be absolutely true.