Finding Your Happiness

Finding Your Happiness

The little things in life that helped me find happiness.

11
Finding Your Happiness
Social Cafe Mag

As of November 13th, 2016, I am at a great place in my life. I have honestly never been one of those teenagers who has struggled with a mental illness such as depression or lost someone that I have lost. But as I sit here today, I have realized how happy I am and grateful for the life I live.

For many years I have struggled with self-image issues that have held me back from who I am today. I always thought that I was too big or too dark or just not pretty enough. However, your self-worth is not held within the palm of what society dictates it should be.

It is not easy to find your happy place and it is very easy to fall into a deep hole of self-hatred or the feeling that you aren’t as good as you truly are. But I believe that it is a crucial thing to do in your life.

Yet to find your happy place, you need to be happy with who you are as a person; comfortable within your own skin. There should be no façade when you are around people. Either they take you as you are or they leave it.

For me, music plays a huge role in the happiness that I am exuding today. One song can change the course of your life and leave a huge impact. Finding a song that instantly can put you in a good mood no matter the situation is such a beautiful thing to experience.

Spending time with family also puts me in a good mood, even if they can get on my nerves at times. Knowing that I am in a healthy relationship with my mother and siblings means the world to me. I feel like I can express myself and be whoever I want to be without any judgmental stares or gazes.

Lastly, my friends and coworkers help me find my happy place. Without them, I don’t know where I would be to this day or if I would still be the same person. They encourage me to take risks and seek adventures that I would never have thought to do if I was on my own.

Honestly, finding happiness isn’t easy for everyone, but when you figure out the little things that allow you to open up and be who you are, life will become amazing. No one should ever live a life that they feel isn’t worth living. Trust me, happiness is everywhere if you look hard enough.