Find A Love Worth Fighting For
Dating

A Modern Guide To Finding A Love That's Worth Fighting For

I can't wait till my day comes.

516
https://www.everypixel.com/

Love. A simple four letter word. But, as most of you probably know, it's not simple at all. For such a small little word, it is so complex and full of different meanings. Love means so many different things to different people. Throughout our life, we search for love in so many different people. Sometimes the love lasts a lifetime and longer, but sometimes you lose some of the love you had along the way. There are so many amazing things to fight for in this world, but at the end of the day, the greatest of these is love.

In today's society we are constantly hearing how the divorce rate is constantly increasing and every time you turn on the television, a new Hollywood couple is deciding to call it quits. We are so focused on things going wrong instead of focusing on the good. Why doesn't our television ever show people celebrating milestone anniversaries or focus on marriages that are working out? When I think of love, I would rather think of positive relationships rather than negative ones. That is why whenever I think of finding a love that's worth fighting for, I always look toward my grandparent's love. 63 years of marriage, 13 kids, 49 grandkids, and the number of great-grandchildren is still growing. My grandparents knew that their love was worth fighting for, which lead to over 100 lives.

Finding your person is one of the most challenging and exciting things you will do in your life. You might go through heartbreak, but that will only lead you to what you truly want in a relationship. You might discover who you actually are, and this will only make you a stronger person. Before you can find someone who will be your forever, you have to find yourself and figure out who you are. Fall in love with life and along the way you might possibly find the greatest gift, the love of your life.

Love isn't meant to be easy so don't expect it to be. Nothing worth having in this life is easy. Be with someone who you can fight with, but make up and say I love you at the end of the day. Be with someone who will be there to hold your hand as you have to say goodbye your mom. Be with someone who will try their best and take you to every single doctor's appointment you have. Be with someone who accepts you and all of your flaws. Be with someone who doesn't judge you based on your past or anything else. Be with someone who you know is worth fighting for.

LADIES: Find someone who will hold your hair back while you puke your guts out from a night out with the girls. Find someone who will buy you flowers just because you really love flowers. Find someone who will decorate your whole house with Christmas decorations even though they thinks it's ridiculous, just because they know it will make you happy. Find someone who will laugh at your jokes even if they aren't that funny. Find someone who will dance with you in the middle of the kitchen because your favorite song just came on. Find someone who makes you completely happy and treats you like the queen you are.

GUYS: Find someone who will sit and watch a whole NFL game with you, even though they might have not have any idea what is going on. Find someone who laughs at your sarcastic jokes, even though they are really dumb. Find someone who will get up at 6 on a Saturday to go out and hunt with you, even if they had a really long week. Find someone who will be there for you when you are struggling. Find someone who laughs with you, does some of your favorite things with you, and surprises you with doing small things. Find someone who makes you completely happy and treats you the way you know you deserve to be treated.

Throughout the past 18 years, I have been greatly blessed by being in the presence of so many love stories. It truly is amazing to see how to people can fall madly in love and stay in love for years and years. Love doesn't have a time limit. Love as long as you can and as hard as you can. Make every day count with the people you love, because one day, all you will have are the memories. I will always look up to my parents and grandparents and some day, I hope to find a love like theirs that is worth fighting for.