Finals, As Told By Parks And Recreation

Finals, As Told By Parks And Recreation

It is *literally* the worst time of the year.

26
Finals, As Told By Parks And Recreation
Tumblr

Now that Thanksgiving is over and Christmas is right around the corner, there's only one more battle to face before the fall semester is defeated and the sweet relief of winter break is finally here. Happy finals week!

You decide to get a head start on studying so you don't fall behind, and procrastinate until the last minute.

You and some of your classmates split up the work, so you can get as much done in as little time as possible.

The professor hands out the essay questions before the exam, so you can prepare in advance. Obviously, you assume this means you won't really have to study at all.

Of course, you underestimate the amount of work you have to get done, and realize, at the last minute, that there's also a final paper to go along with the final exam.

The more hours you spend in the library cramming, you begin to have thoughts of dropping out and living in your successful sibling's basement for the rest of eternity.

Everyone is getting on your nerves: your friends, roommates, professors. And you're so mentally drained, you even snap at the poor lady just trying to serve you some BBQ mac and cheese in the dining hall.

Speaking of the dining hall, when was the last time you made it over there? Your diet is starting to go down the drain, along with your GPA.

Speaking of drain, you haven't showered in days or done your laundry in weeks.

Having not read any of the chapter assignments in the textbook, you're feeling a little hopeless as to whether or not you'll pass the course.

You're completely exhausted. Your sleep schedule suffers as you sacrifice countless hours. slaving away at the five research papers you need to write in three days.

But, you push through and realize, "Hey, maybe this won't be so bad after all."

That attitude quickly changes about 30 minutes in. And you consider changing your philosophy major to something a little more substantial.

After all, where will that major really be getting you, anyway?

Your professors tell you that you won't be able to study all of the course material at the last minute.

But you prove them wrong, and spend all night coming up with acronyms and songs to remember everything.

Honestly, you can't remember the last time you've worked this hard to pass a core requirement class.

You walk into the classroom, confident as ever, and the professor is there to shoot down your hopes in finishing the exam in less than two hours.

You walk out of the exam, not feeling 110% as you planned, and decide to resort to binge-eating comfort food and taking a nap.

Powering through the remainder of your exams, papers, and presentations, you can finally see the light ahead to Christmas break.

And, finally, after all that hard work, it's finally time to...

Happy studying, and may the odds be ever in your favor!