Stop The Bullying And Start Being Kind To One Another

Sticks and stones might break your bones, but words can freaking kill you.

9

I am not like most people. I am the girl who at one time was not okay. I lost my last remaining parent and my world is nothing like it was before. I have spent nights with my head on my pillow just wishing I would die. I was not okay.

It doesn't show on the outside, though does it? I would never let you know what I really feel like and that is what makes it dangerous. That is what keeps you from holding your words back, or is it? You see you who bully are no better than the one you bully. You are the lowest kind of human being. You have no regard for human life and that is why people kill themselves. Families go through a lifetime of pain, because you can't or couldn't keep your mouth shut.

A bully doesn't just start. They start and never stop. They will take you down with them every step of the way. That is why you have to be bigger than that. You have to know your self-worth is not determined by the opinion of someone else.

Words are more than words. They become daggers. They keep the victim up at night. They wonder why they are like they are, when they aren't even the ones who should have to. Words can kill people.

Slander and defamation are serious things. At what point does it become okay for a group of people to make an attack on just one? One person with a very bad mental health history. Someone who has already attempted suicide before.What point do those people have to account for their actions?

Many bullies will always be bullies and many who experience torture at their hands will be silenced by them forever. It's time we take a stand. It's time we save the lives of those who need help to stand up for themselves. Mental health needs to be taken more seriously. Many times it is brushed off as though it is not a serious problem.

Bullying, anxiety, depression, self-harm, and suicidal thoughts are not something to take lightly. There are people out there suffering as I have in the past, who feel too ashamed to get help. They feel unimportant and unloved. They might not have that rock they once clung to and now they feel as though they are drowning.

We have to be kind to one another. Showing kindness can save someone's life and you not even know it. Stop the harassment and hatred. Stop the bullying.

The right thing has to be done and more awareness brought toward this issue. Lives literally depend on it. We need to help scars fade and bring happiness back to the hurting. We need more medical coverage for it and we need to shut down the bullying.