Fifteen Reasons Why American Horror Story Is Worth A Watch!

Some of these you might find shocking.

655
Google

American Horror Story is a series that changes characters, location and story line every season. So far, there has been American Horror Story: Murder House, Asylum, Coven, Freak show, and Hotel. Each season depicts a different "horror story" that is intended to frighten the audience. Below are some facts you may or may not know about the cast, locations or show overall! ****CAUTION, number 8 is a spoiler!**** Enjoy!

1. The Murder House from season 1 is a real house, and it was for sale!

The Murder House is actually called the Rosenheim Mansion. The house had been featured in other shows including Buffy the Vampire Slayer as the Frat house in one of their Halloween Specials "Fear, Itself." Up until recently, the house was on the market for $7.8 million dollars. After the mansion was featured in American Horror Story: Murder House, It went up in price to $17 million dollars until actress Angela Oakenfold and her domestic partner purchased the house for $3.2 million dollars almost a year ago.

2. The show creators also created Glee!

Creators, Ryan Murphy and Brad Falchuk, were co-creators for the show Glee. This is semi-evident in episodes in both Asylum and Freak Show where there are musical numbers. I guess you could say they took Glee to an all new level!

3. Evan Peters had to use lubricant to get into the Latex suit from Murder House!

Actor, Evan Peters, reportedly had to use lubricant in order to get into the latex suit for season one. Also, he reportedly ripped a multitude of latex suits while doing the stunts!

4. The opening credit font is Chelsea Studio!

Who knew this would be such an easy find? Chelsea Studio is really easy to find and download for free on the intranet! I know I downloaded it and spent probably too much time playing with it.

5. James Cromwell's son played the younger version of him in Asylum!

Cromwell and his son, John, both got to play the role of Hans Grouper in American Horror Story: Asylum. John Cromwell (Left) got to play the younger version of the Nazi doctor, Hans Grouper, and his father played the older, current version of the former Nazi in this particular season.

6. Alma and Kit Walker were inspired by a real couple!

While the exact characters of Alma and Kit Walker were not real people, their characters were based off a real couple. Betty and Barney Hill were a famous interracial couple who claimed that they had been abducted by aliens in the 1960's.

7. Connie Britton really wanted to appear in Coven!

Actress, Connie Britton, also known for her role in Nashville, appeared in the first season of American Horror Story and expressed interest in appearing in season three as a "witch bitch." Unfortunately, due to her contract with Nashville, she was unable to be in this season.

***SPOILER ALERT***

8. The supreme from Coven is given away in the title credits!

If one paid enough attention to the title credits of American Horror Story: Coven, they would see Santa Muerte by Sarah Paulson's name. Santa Muerte is also commonly known as the lady of the seven powers, and as we avid fans know, the supreme has to be able to preform the seven wonders in order to be the next supreme.

9. Ma Petite is a deity!

Actress, Jyoti Amge, who played Ma Petite in American Horror Story: Freak Show, is believed to be a deity in her homeland, India. She is 20 years old and considered to be the worlds smallest living woman.

10. Legless Suzi gave birth to two children!

Actress, Rose Siggins, played the character Legless Suzi in Freak Show. Because of her condition, Rose defied medical professionals by giving birth to two children, a boy and a girl, on two separate occasions.

11. Edward Mordrake was a fictional character long before American Horror Story!

Long before American Horror Story told the Story of Edward Mordrake, he was a fictional character. According to nineteenth century literature, Mordrake was born with a second face that never ate or talked, but was known to laugh out loud and even cry. This wasn't even the strangest thing, his face was also rumored to whisper horrible things to him and sometimes snicker as he cried.

12. The Hotel Cortez is based off a real hotel in Chicago!

While it wasn't called the Hotel Cortez in real life, there was in fact a terribly terrifying hotel built in Chicago in the late 1800's. The hotel was built by H.H. Holmes before the World Fair, with the purpose of murdering his guests and hiding their bodies in the many trapdoors, chutes and hidden passages. The hotel was called the Worlds Fair Hotel and was later nicknamed the Murder Castle, because of the sketchy business that went down there. Holmes was known to regularly hire and fire staff for "incompetent work," but it has been speculated that he wanted to be the only one who ever really understood the hotels layout.

13. The chicken coop murders were real!

We all remember the episode in Hotel where Ms. Evers' son was abducted on Halloween and later found to be dead. Little did we know that this was inspired by real life events. The Wineville Chicken Coop Murders were a series of abductions and murders of little boys in Los Angeles and Riverside County California between 1926 and 1928.

14. Sarah Paulson and Evan Peters are the only two to be in every season of American Horror Story!

While a majority of the cast has stayed the same or had a role in nearly every season, the only actor and actress that can say they have been in every season are Sarah Paulson and Evan Peters. When it comes down to it, Evan has Paulson beat by staring in 64 episodes, while Paulson has only been in 54, so far.

15.Every season of American Horror Story Is connected...in a way!

There are many conspiracy theories out there about how the seasons all connect. There have been quite a few connections between seasons, the first appearing in Freak Show and more being found in Hotel. If this wasn't reason enough as to why every season of American Horror Story is awesome, I don't know what is!

Information attained from:

http://la.curbed.com/2015/3/17/9979736/american-ho...

http://www.buzzfeed.com/caitlinjinks/40-american-h...

http://www.mtv.com/news/2618104/american-horror-st...