What 'I Feel Pretty' Actually Taught Me About Feeling Pretty

We are all beautiful in the prettiest way!

54
Stocksnap.io

I recently went and saw the new movie “I Feel Pretty” starring Amy Schumer. I know she isn’t the most popular of all the celebrities, but I think she is pretty funny. I also would recommend going to see this movie because it is funny but also very eye-opening while being the truth behind everyone’s insecurities.

Men and women have so many insecurities that I’m sure you may have faced yourself. In this movie, this woman just wants to be beautiful - that is her wish and goal in life. It may sound kind of sad but it may be a lot of people’s main dream for themselves. As we grow up, we are always doing our best to fit into some crowd trying to never be alone. Finding the crowd you belong in is harder than you think as I’m sure you know.

We take so many insults when were younger that have affected us to this day and how we live. We are constantly letting what other people think get to us, especially if they say it to us. Even when no one is saying anything or has a problem with how you look at all, we can go crazy by just wondering what others do think about us and how we portray ourselves to them.

I will be honest, I deal with this all the time but I also tend to not give a crap about what other people think about me because I am me. There is only one me and I know that and when I think about it, I think I am pretty great. I tend to try hard at life sometimes and I can also not try at all and be lazy sometimes but so what? I can be lazy sometimes if I want to and wear sweatpants and a sweatshirt out in public with my hair in a bun and no makeup on. I am so fine with doing that every now and then or most the time.

Honestly, I have learned people are either going to love you or leave you and if they end up choosing the second one, then forget them; it’s their loss.

Everyone needs to understand that even if you don’t think so and you haven’t been told lately, let me be the one to tell you. You are a one of a kind and there is no one out there that is just like you. You are beautiful and you are capable of getting everything you want and deserve. I believe that about myself most the time but I believe there is always room for improvement as well. If you think you need a little improvement, so be it. But never think you aren’t good enough.

In the end, just be yourself and believe you are good enough, who cares what other people think? You shouldn’t because most likely, they are pushing their insecurities onto you and making you feel bad about yourself. Let’s all just be confident ladies and gentlemen. Everyone just be happy to be alive on this beautiful planet while having all the technologies we do have to cover up our imperfections... When our imperfections are the things that make us the most unique in the end.

Bottom line, I am happy with who I am and how I look, I love my body and my face, I love that I can be pretty athletic and smart if I work hard on it. I do just that all the time - I work hard on myself and everything I do, and that will always be enough for me because I am me, and I am beautiful, and so are you!