Down the Rabbit Hole

Down the Rabbit Hole

Howtofeelbetterfast

11
Down the Rabbit Hole

We've all been there. Loneliness, frustration, and sadness are all emotions every one experiences every once in a while. We aren't always in control of our environment but we are always in control of our attitudes. And I'm telling you now.

Get Up.

Crawl out from under the covers of your queen sized mattress. Put down the Lays chips and sour cream onion dip. Grab a glass of water and fill it halfway (You know where I'm going with this.). There are two sides to every situation and, trust me, you aren't doing yourself any favors by representing the empty half of the cup. Self pity is easy; anyone can whine. Self reconstruction, now that's a tough feat.

You need to remind yourself of your strengths and your talents. And before you say "but I don't have any talent or strength", shut up. You do. Your ability to make anyone around you laugh or your sixth sense that can detect when others are down or your knack for creating computer codes or your photographic memory or your talent in dance or music or art or theatre are all examples of some talent I know you possess. And if your talent isn't listed, well hey you recognized your strengths all on your own. (See what I did there?)

Do not fall down the rabbit hole of self pity because you are so much better than that. Your time is precious so don't waste it feeling sorry for yourself because you couldn't ace your final or you got laid off or your significant other dumped you. Life doesn't go as planned because life is supposed to be spontaneous. Imagine if your life was predetermined. Imagine how boring everything would be...(hoping no Calvinists are reading my paper).In order to experience the spontaneous good things like getting a surprising amount of M&Ms in your icecream blast or acing a test you didn't study for (sorry mom), we have to take the bad things with it.

So maybe today didn't go as planned but tomorrow is right around the corner

And if none of that helped you out, here is a picture of a baby bulldog waking up its mama.