Be Fearlessly Authentic

Be Fearlessly Authentic

Stop trying to change yourself and go change the world instead.

924
Be Fearlessly Authentic
Flickr

I've recently come to the conclusion that the world operates at fifty percent. People live their lives at fifty percent. We as a whole have become detached, uninterested, apathetic. It has become normal to live half a life.

Well I don't want to live half a life. I'm not half a person and neither are you. Every single human on this planet has a story to tell. No one is perfect and that's the point. Our quirks make us who we are, every characteristic, defining trait is there for a reason. Nothing is missing. God didn't make us half way, He made us whole. Don't hide parts of yourself because society says to hold in the messy parts.

Society can say what it wants, but I'm saying this: Psalms 100:3, "Acknowledge that the Lord is God! He made us, and we are his. We are his people, the sheep of his pasture." Did you catch that, we are his. God made us and He doesn't make mistakes! He didn't forget a part; He made you absolutely just right.

So rampant nowadays are insecurities and doubts. I'm too loud. I'm too quite. I'm not athletic enough. I'm not smart enough. I'm not pretty enough. I'm too skinny. I'm not skinny enough.

Stop and ask yourself this: are you defining your worth based on societies standards or God's standards? Because if it's societies you will never be good enough. Ever. You will never be the right size. Someone will always be prettier, smarter, more outgoing. As soon as you meet the current standards they change. It's a cycle meant to suppress you. Don't allow yourself to fall into that trap, that lie because you are so much more.

You, you reading this, we're made for a glorified purpose. You have special skills and traits that no one else has. No one else can do what you were made to do. Yes, you're not perfect, but no one is. God didn't make you to be perfect, that's what grace is for. You were made to make mistakes so that you could learn. You were made with flaws so that you could have a relationship with God. If you were perfect you wouldn't need God, you would be God; He is the only perfect thing in this world.

Don't sell yourself short because you have the power to change the world, yes you. The things you hate about yourself are the very things that make you you. Instead of hiding who you are, let it shine; be fearlessly authentic. Be one hundred percent you, don't live at fifty percent. Learn to love yourself like God loves you.

At the end of the day people will always criticize, it's human nature, so just be you one hundred percent of the time. People will judge you, but what they do doesn't matter. The one who created you loves you more than anyone ever can, follow Him and forget the rest. Stop denying who you are, God made you perfect just the way you are. Stop trying to change yourself and go change the world instead.