13 Ways To Embrace Fall On A Budget

The season of golden leaves and pumpkin spice is here! If you are like me, you look forward to the changing weather and falling leaves all year long. I love to explore and do fall-themed activities. However, I do not always have the time or resources to do extravagant fall activities. So here are 13 simple ways to embrace Fall this year without draining your bank account! (And yes, it includes plenty of options for Pumpkin Spice haters!)

Fairy Lights 

Photo by 张 嘴 on Unsplash

Fairy Lights or Christmas Lights can make your room feel warm and inviting. This season is the perfect time to stock up on some all white Chirstmas lights! They work great for subtle lighting and are easy to hang. $5.94 from Walmart

Fake Leaves and Pumpkins for Decorations 

Halloween items are now on sale! Go to your local store and buy non-holiday specific items that can work for fall decorations. Often you can find fake pumpkins and leaves for 50% off. They make for great decorations that you can reuse next year.

Have a Fall Themed Photo Shoot 

Photo by Jakob Owens on Unsplash

Grab a few friends, a camera (or iPhone!) and head outdoors! Multicolored leaves and sweaters can make anyone's Instagram look amazing.

Bake a 3 Ingredient Cobbler

The smell of a sweet dessert can make anyone feel cozy during the fall. My grandmother's go-to hack for a simple cobbler involves only three ingredients. All you need is: canned peaches (2 8oz cans), butter (1 stick) and a yellow cake mix. Simply pour the peaches in a baking dish, pour dry cake mix over it, and add chopped up butter (not melted!). Bake until golden at 375. Also, if it is too dry add more butter as needed during the baking process.

Create the Perfect Hot Coco to Keep You Warm!

Photo by rawpixel on Unsplash

Because we all need a good mug of hot chocolate during late night study sessions! Add liquid coffee creamer to your hot chocolate to spice it up. French vanilla in a dark chocolate mix is my personal favorite!

Discover the Perfect Scent for Your Room

This may sound like a given, but it is so easily overlooked! Scent can add a lot to a room and the overall mood it creates. Find a candle or plugin air freshener and choose something involving cinnamon, pumpkins or harvest related.

Bake Cookies!

This store bought mix only needs one ingredient besides the mix! Target.

Enjoy the Weather and Explore Nature.

Explore your campus or local hiking trails. The cold weather is near! Take advantage of the nice weather while you can.

Search for the Perfect Sweater from Thrift Shops and Discount Stores

Photo by olha yarova on Unsplash

Who says your only option is to pay $50 for a sweater? Thrift Stores and Discount Stores offer a good selection of sweaters this time of year. They make a great staple piece in your fall wardrobe. Sweaters can be dressed up and tucked into a skirt for a date or worn with leggings for classes.

Prepare Caramel Apples

Or better yet prepare them with friends

Warm Up with New Tea Flavors

The fall is the perfect time to try out new flavors of tea. Tea can make for a great way to relax in your cozy blankets and warm up after a long day of classes.

Tailgate With Friends!

Fall is football season! Grab a group of friends and make some memories.

Embrace Warm Smokey Eyes 

If you don't have the time or cash to change your wardrobe, change up your go to make up look! Try using browns and oranges to create a smokey eye.

Fall can be stressful for college students. But if we take some time to relax and make memories with our friends, maybe this fall will not be so bad. These are a few of the things I will be trying this fall. How will you be embracing fall this year?